Ch.14 Before You Go

Tzuyu awoke with many emotions and thoughts running through her body all because of one Son Chaeyoung.

When she opened her eyes, she felt arms latched to her and a strong scent of strawberries filled her lungs. When she awoke, they weren't spooning anymore and Chaeyoung' s face was in the crook of her neck; Tzuyu could feel her warm and soft exhales. Tzuyu was on Cloud 9. 

But then came the thoughts having to go home later on and say goodbye to the girl she's become so close to. Today was the day Chaeyoung goes back home and they probably wouldn't see each other until their spring breaks or at the very latest, next summer. The thought of not seeing the girl brought her down to earth and she audibly sighed.

"Mmm, Tzu..." Chaeyoung huffed and Tzuyu froze; her heart was beating fast and she immediately shut her eyes. 

After a moment, Tzuyu realized the smaller girl was still  asleep so he relaxed and just laid there. She couldn't help but go over everything that happened in the past two weeks, especially what happened last night. Before she went to bed last night, she was told all the Coastal cities and towns are on lockdown and they apprehended a group of a dozen Malusians in the Capital. For some reason, she was a high priority target. She figured it's because if the regular, struggling, people of Malus found out that one of the few successful escapees that wasn't forced into hiding basically became a Princess in a foreign kingdom...there would be riots.

Tzuyu was drowning in her thoughts until she heard a knock on the door to the apartment. She panicked and somewhat carefully detached herself from Chaeyoung and made her way to her knife. She unsheathed it and walked out of the bedroom, closed the door behind her, and looked through the door's peep hole. It was Yeji and Ryujin. She sighs, sheathes the knife and opens the door. 

"Good morning, Tzuyu-unnie," They greet and smile at her, a friendly gesture which she returns.

"What's up?" Tzuyu asks.

"When you leave later on, we're coming with you," Ryujin answers, "We'll basically be your escort back to the Capital."

"Oh, I see," The tallest girl nods, "We'll leave at around 10AM and we should be back in the Capital by 1PM."

"Alright," Yeji says, "The Malusians from last night were transported to a military facility associated with the Investigation unit, all the Malusians will be in different places for interrogation."

"Okay, that's good," Tzuyu nods, "...you guys know about me right?"

The two look at each other before nodding.

"...I think all Elite Squads and their members know," Ryujin says, "MAybe even higher ups in the military."

"I see..." Tzuyu sighs, "Well, let's hope this doesn't all blow up in our face any time soon."

"Heh, yeah," Yeji snorts, "We all wanted you to know, Tzuyu-unnie, we don't care that you're Malusian. You're pretty cool and we like you for who you are."

"I, um, thank you," Tzuyu was slightly surprised by the sudden display of affection but she smiles and bows to the two before they leave. When Tzuyu closes the door, she rests her head up against and can't stop smiling. 

I hope everyone reacts like this when they find out... She thinks before sighing, turning around and heading back to the bedroom.

When she enters, Chaeyoung's awake and sitting cross-legged on the bed. Tzuyu looked her up and down and snorted when she noticed the girl's bed hair.

"Good morning," Chaeyoung says, blinking, "Who were you talking to?"

"I was talking to Yeji and Ryujin," Tzuyu answers and sits down on the edge of the bed while facing Chaeyoung.