Ch.16 Surprise Me Like That

Tzuyu packs her bags excitedly.

She rarely leaves the country unless there's a family vacation or for some Royal Duty. So now here she is packing to reunite and spend the holidays as the girl she like's surprise birthday present from Jihyo to Chaeyoung. Since she's going to be gone for almost four weeks, she has to pack a lot. After packing, the servants come in and take her bags down to the limo that will be transporting her to the private section of the airport so she can travel by jet. She makes her way down the steps of the castle to the private living room of the royal family where Nayeon was reading over her script for an appearance she has to make the next day. 

"Hey, how are you doing?" Tzuyu sits down in the reclining chair of the couch.

"I'm doing good I guess," Nayeon sighs, "So many lines to memorize for this appearance for a kids' tv show's holiday special."

"Oh? Which studio?" The other girl asks as she pulls out her phone and scrolls through social media.

"Risky's Radical Adventures I think it's called?" Nayeon frowns, as she reads the rest of the script.

"Isn't that show based in Solaris though?" Tzuyu asks, "I think Chaeyoung told me about visiting the studio for that show when she was on a school field trip with the Film and Photography club at her high school during her senior year."

"What? Really? Then how-" Nayeon starts but then the door opens and the King enters.

"Well, Nayeon, you have to go to Solaris of course," He says with a smile and at first Nayeon frowns in confusion but then the gears in her head click and she squeals.

 "OH MY GOD, DAD, YOU'RE NOT JOKING RIGHT?" Nayeon jumps to her feet and he shakes his head, "OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH!"

The older girl lunges at her father and tackles him with a hug while jumping up and down. She quickly let's go when she realizes that Tzuyu is leaving for Solaris later on that day and races to her room to pack.

"Wait...what about you, Dad?" Tzuyu asks, "Won't you be alone for the holidays?"

"No, I'll be kept busy but I want you two to be happy so I arranged all of this," He chuckled, "Be sure to take care of each other, okay? I don't know if I'll be back home by the time you leave so I came to say bye now. I'll go up and talk with Nayeon before I go."

"Where are you going?" Tzuyu asks and he just gives her a smile that she knows means; I'd tell you if I could.

The rest of the day goes by in a blur of excitement and by the time she has to leave for Sol at 4PM, she's almost tired from her excitement. Since she's a surprise, she has to tell Chaeyoung an excuse for being unable to text her or call her for the next three hours. She comes up with some thing along the lines of attending elementary school play performances and Chaeyoung, although saddened by the news, goes with it. When she gets on the plane with Nayeon and security guards, she decides to take a nap and sleeps through a snack time and Nayeon excitedly sharing her excitement to her personal assistant that she now has. Said assistant won't be staying with them the whole time, she has a family to go to for the holidays as well.

"Tzu! Wake up!" Nayeon shakes her awake and Tzuyu groggily opens her eyes and blinks. 

"We're here?" Tzuyu asks and the older girl nods excitedly as she pulls her up onto her feet and then skipping down the aisle. 

Tzuyu eventually follows in the foot steps of her older sister and goes down the aisle to the exit. When she turns, she notices the steps and at the bottom of the steps were Jihyo and a Nayeon covered Jeongyeon. They all look up at her and she smiles at them while walking down the stairs. 

"Tzuyu! It's nice to see you again!" Jihyo smiles and gives the taller girl a hug.

"Can I say hi to Tzuyu?" Jeongyeon asks Nayeon who's got her arms hooked around the taller girl's neck.

"Yeah, nothing's stopping you from saying hi," Nayeon says and buries her face into the crook of Jeongyeon's neck. 

"Ha, funny, hey Tzu," Jeongyeon waves and the two high five. 

"Hey, nice to see the both of you," She chuckles and they start walking to the limo that was loaded with their bags.

"I'll fill you in on my plan for surprising Chaeyoung while we're in the car," Jihyo smiles, "This'll be great!"

"Jeong, I'm busy!" Chaeyoung sighs as Jeongyeon follows her into her room, "What could you possibly want from me at 8PM?"

"C'mon, Jihyo and I really want you to come to the castle tonight," Jeongyeon pleads, "Nayeon's here because she has to film a holiday special for Risky's and we want to have a celebratory dinner."

"Oh? Tzuyu never told me Nayeon was going to come here for filming," Chaeyoung frowns.

"Yeah, well, neither of them found out until today because Nayeon didn't know the studio for Risky's is here," Jeongyeon rolled her eyes but chuckled at her girlfriend's actions.

"Fine, I'll get ready," Chaeyoung sighs, "I'll meet you outside in ten."

Jeongyeon gives her a clap on the shoulder and a bright smile before leaving the room, closing the door behind her. When she does leave, Chaeyoung changes into decent clothing; leggings, a long sleeve crew neck, a Sherpa fleece, leggings and wedged boots.  She then texts Tzuyu asking why she didn't know Nayeon was coming there even though she knew Risky's was filmed there. She then noticed that Tzuyu hadn't been online in three hours since their last conversation which further confuses her. Nonetheless, she leaves her home, hopes into the car Jeongyeon was waiting in and they drove to the elaborate Sol castle.

"CHAENGIE!" Nayeon basically screams pulls her into a tight hug, "It's good to see you!"

"It's good to see you too," Chaeyoung chuckles and they all meet Jihyo in the dining hall. There were five places at the table set up with cutlery and the youngest among them frowned at the empty seat across from hers. Jihyo sat at the head of the table, Nayeon sat on the other side of the table and across from Jeongyeon who sat next to her. 

"Want some water?" Jihyo asks and Chaeyoung nods. 

Chaeyoung looks down for a second to check if Tzuyu texted her back, to no avail. As she did so, she didn't notice the intended target of her attention was pouring water into the other's glasses while dressed like one of the servers. Jihyo shook her head with a smile, Nayeon pretended to basically choke at an attempt to get the girl to look up, while Jeongyeon just burst out laughing. 

"What?" Chaeyoung asks, not noticing Tzuyu directly behind her.

"Miss, you want water right?" Tzuyu asks softly, smiling hard as Chaeyoung's eyes widen and her head snaps up to look at Tzuyu after recognizing the taller girl's voice.

"Wh-how-huh-" Chaeyoung sputters while gaping at her, her eyebrows pressed together, "Tzuyu?"

"Hi," She chuckles and leans a little closer to poor water into Chaeyoung's cup, "I'll just assume you want water."

Chaeyoung just stares at Tzuyu, comprehending and processing the whole situation. Tzuyu was physically there, looking hot as hell in a white button up shirt, black pinstripe vest with matching pinstripe pants, and dress shoes with her hair tied up in a pony tail. When she finally snaps out of her daze, she takes the pitcher from Tzuyu's hand, places it on the table, and proceeds to tackle the taller girl to the ground.

"TZUYU! HOW COME YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOU WERE COMING? WHAT THE HELL, IS THIS WHY YOU WEREN'T ANSWERING MY TEXTS AND NOT BOTHERING TO GO ONLINE AT ALL?" Chaeyoung squeezes her tighter and Tzuyu reciprocates the hug.

"Heh, yeah...sorry...I'm Jihyo's holiday present to you," Tzuyu explains, "I'm staying til New Year."

"Woah, really? My break starts this weekend that means we can spend it together," Chaeyoung smiles a wide dimple smile which makes Tzuyu heat up.

"Well, I mean, that is why I came," She chuckles and they both get up.

"Let the reunion feast, COMMENCE!" Jihyo announces and they both take their seats across from one another as the servants come in to place the food on the table.