Ch.15 Unlike Anything Felt Before

It's been a month since the games and a month since Chaeyoung last saw Tzuyu.

A month since their first kiss...

But regardless of the time that has passed, the memory and the feelings she got from their kiss was as fresh as when it was shared. Whenever she woke up in the morning, the first thing in her mind was Tzuyu' s smile and the twisting feeling in her stomach when their lips met. When she sat in class on her first day and put on lip balm, she recalled how soft Tzuyu' s lips were and was in a stupor when the teacher called on her to introduce herself. She found herself talking about it almost every day to Dahyun as they ate lunch and her heart flutters while Dahyun just sighs.  

She missed her so much.

She's never felt like this about anyone or anything before and it scares her a little. Though, she found out she isn't the only one suffering a distance from someone they like. Jeongyeon found herself constantly glancing at her lock screen; a picture of Nayeon with her dog Kookeu. She would brag about how her secret girlfriend is the future Queen of a nation to her younger sister. Said younger sister would scoff and say something along the lines of:

"What's a Queen to a Goddess?"

Which would cause the older girl to do something that signified her lack of come backs; sticking out her tongue or headlocks. Now from the sound of their conversations and the longing looks on their faces, one would assume they only talk to the girls they like every other day or once a week. Nah, they talk to them everyday; texting, calling, face timing whenever they can and/or available. Neither party wants to go a day without the other.

On the first Saturday of October and Chaeyoung found herself wondering: what is her relationship with Tzuyu? They just kissed but they aren't dating. They flirt and express as much affection as they can with one another but they don't say words like, 'And that's why I like you so much,' or even talk about their kiss. Chaeyoung would ask but she genuinely doesn't know if this conversation should be reserved for just in person or if she should ask anyways considering the fact that they live in two different countries.

Whatever's the case or label for their relationship is, it remains undefined for yet another month.

"Chaeyoung, are you dating that Tzuyu girl?" Her mom asks her at dinner and Chaeyoung immediately freezes up. 

"I, um, no, why?" Chaeyoung manages to say before taking a spoonful of rice and bulgogi. 

"I'm not saying the young Lady is bad or anything...I just want you to know that if and when you decide that you like her enough to date her," Her mom explains carefully, "I would like to talk to her first, preferably at a time she's here in person. As you kids and men say; I want to size her up."

Chaeyoung cringed at the last part her mom said before immediately thinking, Ha, she's twice your size...

"I see..." Is what Chaeyoung says before silence falls between them again. Ever since Chaeyoung came back, her mother has been strangely less nagging and unbearable. Chaeyoung doesn't know what to say or do about it so she allows it 

"So your winter break is coming up soon, right? Her mother asks and Chaeyoung nods, "I'm afraid that on the week of Christmas I'm going to go take care of your grandparents so their aid can spend the holidays with her own family."

"Oh, so I'm not going?" Chaeyoung asks and her mom shakes her head.

"You can spend your Christmas with Jeongyeon at the castle, Her Majesty, Princess Jihyo is allowing it," Her mom informs her and if she didn't know better she'd cry tears of joy and whoop like there's no tomorrow. She can't wait for winter break.

"Tzuyu...I'm going to facetime Jeongie in like ten minutes," Nayeon barges into her room, "Do I look good?"

"Sure," Tzuyu sighs as she erases something in her notes and corrects it.

"You didn't even look," Nayeon whines and the younger girl sighs and then turns around.

"You look like you always look except slightly more dollish because of the blush on your cheeks," Tzuyu says and Nayeon pulls out a mirror from her back pocket to look at her appearance.

"I see...not bad I guess," Nayeon smiles at herself which makes Tzuyu cringe. "By the way we're shipping you off to Solaris in a month."

"...wait...what?" Tzuyu jumps on to her feet and Nayeon nods as if she knew what Tzuyu was going to ask next.

"Dad and I thought it'd be cool for you to spend your three weeks with her three weeks," Nayeon explains, "You guys never really verified or clarified your relationship, right? What time better than during the holidays? Very romantic, eh?"

"I-, wait, what about you?" Tzuyu asks and Nayeon shakes her head sadly.

"Now that I've finally decided to take up my Royal duties, I'm more involved with events and the holidays are always busy, ya know?" Nayeon sighs as she begins to walk out, "Anyways, I'm going to go talk to Jeongie now! G'night!"

And with that, Tzuyu sat there at her desk, staring at the ground instead of her neglected notes. She was going to see Chaeyoung again. Not just see her but stand next to her...hug her...hold her...hand...kiss her. Almost as if on cue, she receives a message from Jihyo:

God Jihyo

Don't tell Chaeyoung, it's a surprise :)

Tzuyu smiles at the test that widens when she sees Chaeyoung text her that she's done with her work. Whatever excitement and happiness is feeling and has started feeling is unlike anything she has felt before.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, kinda short.

I've been bombarded with work because my teachers want to finish stuff before the semester ends :/

Thank you for reading tho :)