Ch.5 Invisible Arrows

Tzuyu couldn't believe how she acted. 

She flirted with someone.

A random girl from another kingdom comes along and she just thinks out loud. Yeah, she meant it when she said she was cute and pretty, but she didn't mean to say it out loud. 

"SHE FLIRTED BACK!" Tzuyu say up in realization.

"...what?" Nayeon asked as she walked into the younger girl's room.

"That girl, Chaeyoung, she like, responded to me and we shared like...a feeling," Tzuyu sits up and Nayeon laughs.

"That isn't flirting, Tzu," Nayeon smiles.

"Is too!" Tzuyu tries but then falters when she thinks deeper about it.

"You sound like a little kid when they make eye contact with their crush," Nayeon sighs.

"I am a kid who made eye contact with their crush-" Tzuyu frowns but immediately clapped her mouth shut. 

"YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON HER?" Nayeon laughed maniacally, "MY BABY IS GROWING UP!"

"No, no, no, nO, NO!" Tzuyu yells and Nayeon tackles her in a hug. 

"It's okay, Tzu!" Nayeon cackles, "You're in LOVE! AND WITH A GIRL YOU JUST MET!"

"First off, I didn't mean crush, second, in love is a little far fetched..." Tzuyu argues but Nayeon just doesn't listen. The two even argue as they get ready for breakfast in the Great Hall with their guests. Even after, they argue up until they reach outside the doors of the Great Hall.

"I'm telling you you're just as wrong as-!" Tzuyu uncharacteristically yells but immediately shuts up when the doors open. The both of them throw on their brightest smiles and enter, bowing to the King, Princess Jihyo, Jeongyeon, and Chaeyoung.

"Good morning, Lord Father! Crown Princess Jihyo, honorable Jeongyeon, and esteemed Chaeyoung!" Nayeon and Tzuyu say in unison and walk to their places at the table. Each one nods their heads in acknowledgement to one another, the two youngest's eyes linger on one another's before they finally dig in to their breakfast. The King shares some things about himself and asks the others about their interests. Tzuyu finds out that Chaeyoung is an artist and photographer which greatly intrigues her.

"Tzuyu, what will you be doing today?" The King asks her gently and Tzuyu rips her eyes away from a Chaeyoung trying to peel an orange to the King.

"Today General Tuan and General Bae are allowing me to take the rest of the week and weekend off as they take the trainees to the mountains for wilderness training," Tzuyu announces, "So instead, I intend to practice for the Celestial Sports Competition this morning. As for after lunch, that is yet to be decided."

"Ah I see, I see," The King smiles, proud to hear her speak loudly and confidently.

"Tzuyu is amazing," Nayeon brags in a serious tone, "Helping train those who will someday swear their lives to protect and help the people of our country...it's very noble...attractive, yes, no?"

Tzuyu immediately shoots Nayeon a look; she knows that mischievous bunny grin spread across her face. She also notices her gaze quickly flicker to Chaeyoung' s direction, the King notices and immediately catches on. One would think the King would just over look it but when he's not doing his royal duties...he's father.

"Ah yes, yes, Tzuyu, I remember when you first held a bow...pretty sure we have pictures, right Nayeon?" He asks smiling and Nayeon's smile just grows wider, "She was so adorable."

"Was?" Tzuyu frowns and everyone bursts out laughing. The Solarins find their family dynamic interesting, Chaeyoung finds Tzuyu cute. Chaeyoung' s affectionate looks catches everyone's eyes and that's when everyone in that room unanimously agree to set the two up together.