Ch.31 International Super Spy

"No, you're incorrect," Tzuyu shakes her head at her girlfriend as they walk to Jihyo and Jeongyeon.

"I'm actually not," Chaeyoung frowns, "We are technically on the same level. Actually, we might be even higher considering how high priority we are in society right now."

"What are you two arguing about?" Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow at the two and they look at her with the most serious expressions on their faces.

"International super spies," They say in unison and their two unnies snort before regaining composure. 

"We're technically international super spies now," Chaeyoung says in a matter-of-factly tone, "We're about to go to another country, collect info, and use it for our motherlands' governments. Just like James Bond."

"I don't think that's exactly James Bond," Jeongyeon points out, "But close enough."

"We aren't James Bond because we're not directly stopping the issue in secret," Tzuyu argues, "We're directly overthrowing the government as publicly as we can after finding out more information. Not only that but James Bond didn't have an army, he just had cool gadgets."

"Whatever," Chaeyoung rolls her eyes, "I still feel like an international super spy."

"Fine then," Tzuyu sighs and swings an arm around her girlfriend, "You're my international super spy. Directly stealing my heart all the time, you even stop it at times."'

When the group of four reach their destination, the armory, they are briefed on the situation. The groups BTS, BLACKPINK, and Red Velvet along with a group of five highly trained national guards infiltrated Tzuyu's family's hometown a week before. They contacted the resistance group in the town and infiltrated the local police unit in town. The plan is to send Tzuyu, Chaeyoung, and ITZY in at night so that they have the cover of darkness. They'll dress up as guards during the day and on their first night they're going to meet with the local resistance leader, Suho. The resistance has been steadily building up throughout the years but when it was revealed a few months prior that Tzuyu is Malusian, there was hope of escape and/or a better life. Many people joined the resistance and protested but the government consistently and persistently did anything they could to shut them down. They even threatened to take children or kill individuals so the resistance was forced to go under ground. 

"So does Suho know that he's going to be meeting me?" Tzuyu asks.

"No, he was only told an important official," Jihyo answers, "If he were told and captured before you got there, they would find out about our plans."

"I see, that's understandable," Tzuyu nods, "So what's the strategy to take over an entire country?"

"We will infiltrate the towns on the borders starting off with your family hometown," Jeongyeon explains as she swipes to a map of Malus, "Then we'll work our way outward. We've been told that there are different resistance chapters within each town but they all try to remain in contact with one another. At the moment we're just stationed in that one town but when you guys arrive, BLACKPINK will head East, Red Velvet will head West and BTS will head north, towards the Capital. When you guys successfully get the outer towns' resistance towns and the river city of Raiden, we'll go into the next phase, Uprising."

"Wait each phase has names?" Chaeyoung asks and they all nod.

"Phase 1: Infiltration, Phase 2: Uprising, Phase 3: Liberation," Jihyo said placing her hand up and down at every phase for emphasis. 

"Liberation, huh," Tzuyu says slowly and Chaeyoung looks at her worriedly. Although Tzuyu is confident in the plan and people, she finds herself getting more and more nervous at the thought of helping an entire country overthrow it's government. 

"Don't worry, Tzu," Jihyo says confidently, "We all got this."

"Alright..." Tzuyu says as confidently as she can but it comes out a little low.

After being briefed on the route they'd be taking and the code words they'd use to verify their identities, they were changed into regular Malusian clothes. In Malus they wore a lot of green, black, and white so they were dressed in clothing in those colors. Tzuyu wore a dark green logo-less t-shirt, a black baseball cap and black shorts that were just above her knees. Chaeyoung wore a baggy pastel green t-shirt, a black denim vest and black jean shorts. They're both given two hundred Malusian dollars and a pager-like device that requires their finger print and pin to use. Tzuyu is given a backpack with a fold up bow disguised as a lunch box and bows in a pencil case like contraption. The fake water bottle on the side also had a small knife hidden inside. On the other hand, Chaeyoung got a satchel with daggers made specifically for concealment and not to look like any other dagger. Especially anything that could cause an episode for Tzuyu. It's been months since her episode at the competition and she's been mentally training herself harder to handle intense feelings like those in episodes so she won't completely freeze up if she's in danger. 

As they wait for ITZY to be briefed, Chaeyoung decides that there's no better time then right then and there to review everything. She started off by talking about the plans and Tzuyu nodded along and contributed to that conversation. When all of the official, on-plan stuff was reviewed, Chaeyoung took her hands and squeezed it before leaning her head onto the taller girl's shoulder.

"Are you sure you're alright though?" Chaeyoung asks quietly, "I know you're strong and you've been mentally and physically training yourself not just this month but for years...but you know...no one is going to blame you if you don't want to step foot there. Literally anything there could be triggering."

"It's okay, Chae," Tzuyu smiles, flattered to have such a caring girlfriend, "I got this...I also have you so you can help me."

"Aw look at you being a little sweet talker," Chaeyoung teases and pokes her in the dimple.

"I'm anything but little, Chaengie," Tzuyu chuckles and presses a kiss onto her forehead.

"Shut-" Chaeyoung starts but Tzuyu cups her face and presses her lips against hers.

"Thank you," Tzuyu says after pulling away, "I know I really tried to put off the idea of you coming as well but I really don't think I can successfully be a part of this without you. Having you with me is comforting."

"Of course! I won't leave your side," Chaeyoung says confidently, "I'm emotionally, morally, and Jihyo-Godly obligated to do this."

"Hm, my international super spy," Tzuyu chuckles and a few more peaceful moments pass before ITZY exits the room. 

It was go time.

---------------------------------------------

Don't mind me, I've just been hearing that International Super Spy Meme of Pablo from The Backyardigans for the past two days-

Thanks for reading and answering my previous chapter's question!