Ch.29 We're On A Mission

"Lady Chou, Miss Yoo-Son, you've been summoned," Rain says though the phone, "Please be ready by 9."

It's early morning and the school year ended a week ago. The first week of July is in a week and a half and the two spent their short time of relaxation sleeping, catching up on shows, and basically doing whatever they want. At the moment, the two were just awoken by the call from the head body guard and since Chaeyoung was grumpy, Tzuyu was the one who responded with an, 'Ok,' The two hauled themselves out of bed and got ready for the day. They ate a somewhat quick breakfast, brushed their teeth, and dressed in business casual clothes. Tzuyu wore a simple light gray, slightly bluish dress and leather sandals. Chaeyoung wore a leopard print dress and a black dress cardigan with black wedged boots. They both made their way down to the lobby and got into the car which then proceeded to the castle.

When they arrived at the castle, they were greeted by Jeongyeon who lead them down to that secret underground bunker. When they entered, the room was filled with only very important figures of high rank. The squads were there and the high ranked generals along with the King, Queen, and Jihyo. When they saw the three enter, the people parted and adjusted so that they can be right at front. Jihyo looked at Tzuyu with a look of concern but mostly confliction, as if she was hesitant to tell the younger girl something. 

"So here we all are...let's get down to business," The King clapped his hands and swiped at the screen on the table which was then projected onto the screen behind him. "To put it simply, we plan on infiltrating Malus."

"Wait, really?" Tzuyu's eyes widen and she looks to Jihyo who nods. "Why? How? When?"

"Yes we are Lady Chou," A general calmly answered, "We have discovered the real reason why they want to take your life and it's as we expected. They want to get rid of you because there was speculation of your origins from people in Malus from beginning because of your last name. It's a well regarded last name and the surname of the youngest member of the council, Chou Chen. Anyways, this speculation had lead people to believe you were a saved Malusian and inspired a secret resistance. You confirming your Malusian has caused a stir in the country which the government is still trying to control. This is our chance to get in and aid the resistance."

"Okay...so we're going to help the country's resistance organization win?" Tzuyu asks and everyone in the room nods.

"We want you to be a part of this," Jihyo says, "You're going to have to train for the next month, you haven't had practice right? And we plan to do this within about a month's time or less because, well, you have school and so do Malusians."

"Oh...I see...I'll do it," Tzuyu says slowly before coming to a final decision. Chaeyoung snaps her head in her girlfriend's direction, eyes wide open. 

"Um, hold on, can we talk for a moment?" Chaeyoung asks both Tzuyu and everyone in the room, all of which nod. Chaeyoung pulls her into the glass conference room and presses a button to turn on the shade mode on the windows. 

"What's wrong?" Tzuyu asks and Chaeyoung takes her hands.

"Tzuyu...think this through," Chaeyoung sighs, "Like really think it through...are you doing this for the people or for us."

"I..." Tzuyu pauses and thinks. 

She wants her friends and family to be safe. She doesn't want another brutal incident like what happened with her hand maid. She doesn't want anyone close to her get hurt or die...But she also doesn't want innocents to die or suffer. She knows the situation in Malus. You have to take what you can get and some people fall apart at the seams; really doing whatever it takes. She would've probably lived happily in Malus if it wasn't the way it was...she would probably be with her parents...They did what they thought they had to until the very end.