Ch.7 Let's Go To The Garden

"Dad, you can't!" Nayeon protests.

"I have no one else to choose! Royal Guards can't participate in the competition and I can't have auditions because the competition start tomorrow!" The King explains, clearly distressed. Not because of Nayeon but because he feels conflicted.

"Then let me! I can use a sword as well!" Nayeon protests.

"No, Nayeon-unnie," Tzuyu sighs, "I have to do it. You're the heir to the throne and the King's only biological daughter; I'm just as good at sword fighting as you so I can do this."

"I'm sorry, Tzuyu," The King apologizes, "I really am, the committee is only making an exception for you participating in two games. They believe not just your skill but appearance will make the competition attractive this year." 

"I understand, Dad," Tzuyu smiles bravely, "I should go practice archery and swordplay then."

"Tzuyu," Nayyeon grabs the younger girl's wrist, looking her in the eyes.

"Don't worry, I can do this," Tzuyu says reassuringly before bowing to the King and walking out.

Tzuyu has always hated melee weapons. Specifically swords and spears. She has never touched a spear due to just seeing the weapon can cause her to have flashbacks. As for a sword, it was required of her as a Royal family member to learn the Royal Sword style used by Royals and Royal Guards. If she didn't hate swords so much, she probably would've focused her time and energy into being an excellent swordswoman. Archery was her forte and her comfort so before she practices her swordplay, she decides to shoot a few shots to calm her mind. She goes to the armory and grabs her archery gear and her sword. She leaves as fast as she came and activates the targets so she can shoot.

Happy thoughts...

TOK

Food...That Princess Momo has been asking for pig's feet a lot, huh...

TOK

Bunnies...Nayeon...

TOK

Penguins...that Princess Mina really likes Penguins...

TOK

Ostriches and Dolphins... Jeongyeon and her loud cackle, my gosh...

TOK

God and Snakes... Jihyo and Sana are a funny pair...they became friends fast...

TOK

Puppies...I love puppies...

TOK

Chaeyoung...she's cute...

Tzuyu sighs and lowers her bow. She's calm...

But now all she can think about is Chaeyoung and she remembers her smile and laugh from earlier that day.  She smiles and places the bow down on a bench behind her but then she turns to the sword. She grimaces and stares at it for a while before finally picking it up and unsheathing it. The sword was a fine sword with only a few nicks...probably because this sword was made for her specifically. A lot of short swords' blades reminded a young Tzuyu of the spears used by Malus guards so they made hers like a Solarin one edged sword (a katana). It was hard for Tzuyu to learn Royal Sword Style because she used a different kind of sword but she managed and they taught her some of Sol's Royal Sword Style to compensate. 

She took out her phone and made the targets go away. She stood their on the now plain looking training grounds and began to rehearse the forms she was taught and had perfected. She swung swiftly but powerfully. She kept a firm grip but not too tight and continued to swing and travel all around the grounds. After about half an hour, she paused and took a water break. She sits down and takes a swig of water and just stares at the sword. She zones out to a point where she doesn't notice someone approaching her.