Ch.9 So Hot

The Sports have competition has been going on for a few days now and it's the sixth day.

The Archery competition is that morning.

"YAH! TZUYU!" Nayeon yells before Tzuyu departs for the backstage area, "I know you'll win! Get them 10's!" 

"Ha, I will," Tzuyu smiles and the other girls wish her luck. Jeongyeon gives her a headlock and noogie; Momo gives her a piece of chocolate and a pat on the head; Sana jumps onto her and squeezes her into a tight hug; Jihyo gives her a softer hug and a big smile; Dahyun gives her a fist bump and many words of encouragement.

"Don't get hurt," Chaeyoung smiles before swinging her arms around her.

Over the past few days, the two went from sheepish friends with normal boundaries to clingy every where they go. Chaeyoung has been seen just always leaning against Tzuyu who leans into her; they're just always next to each other. The others swear that they've known each other for a little over a week and they're all of a sudden best friends. Nayeon was a little dismayed by the progress; it took Tzuyu years to even get to the level of clinginess she's at right now with her and Chaeyoung surpassed her in a week.

"Don't worry I won't," Tzuyu smiles down her and Chaeyoung let's go but when she does, Tzuyu brings her hands up to her face and rubs both cheeks before walking away. 

"...are you two like, secretly dating or something?" Dahyun swings into Chaeyoung' s view.

"I-I, what?" Chaeyoung stutters while trying to maintain a cool front, "We just have a lot in common and stuff so like...we o-obviously get along."

"You two do more than get along," Jeongyeon wiggles an eyebrow at her and Chaeyoung glares at her.

"Don't worry, Dad approves," Nayeon pats her head.

"Wait, wha-" Chaeyoung starts but then Sana and Momo drags everyone through the front for the public appearance they need to go through every morning.

When they get to the main entrance of the building, crowds part and Royal Guards appear as people take pictures of the Princesses and their friends. Over the past few days there have been many whispers and wondering of who Chaeyoung and Dahyun are. One of the most prominent rumors were about Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. Lot's of speculation on whether they were more than friends and they honestly did not mind these rumors. If anything, they secretly made the two happy but they weren't aware of each other's mutual feelings. If they were, they probably would be going on their first date tomorrow.

As the group of eight entered the special Royal box, they played the pre-recorded messages made by the three kingdom's monarchs. All of which consisted sharing greetings, words of encouragement, and good words about the athletes participating in that day's competitions. First came Tempus' King then Solaris' and lastly Noctis. He talked about the five older, and more experienced archers.

"The last competitor is my own daughter, Chou Tzuyu," The King starts and his already soft smile turns into a proud one, "I am proud of all my competitors but as a father, I am especially proud of her talents and accomplishments. Her impeccable aim and skill won't fail her, it never has and never will."

As he said that, there was a huge wave of "Aww" and the other girls in the stand laughed. The King then moved on to the Shooting competitors before finally ending the speech. When the King was done, the national anthem of each country played one at a time. Since Noctis is the hosting country there's plays last and their competitors come out last. When the Noctis national anthem did play, the platform for the three archers let off fake fog that when it cleared, the six  players appeared.  Three boys and three girls dressed in mainly indigo jackets with their names in silver and lining in silver. Tzuyu was the tallest girl and the same height as one of the boy archers. The competition's didn't last long in reality but they had breaks in-between each round featuring some musician from each country and a quick interview of a player.