Ch.21 What A Life

"So do you want a regular hot chocolate or coffee?" Chaeyoung looks up to her girlfriend who's scanning the menu.

"Regular hot chocolate," Tzuyu finally decides after a full minute, "The coffee you get is black coffee and I have come to the realization that the way you order it and/or make it is too bitter for me."

"Heh, I was wondering when you were going to finally say that," Chaeyoung chuckles, "I know you like sweet stuff."

"Mm, like you," Tzuyu presses a soft kiss on the shorter girl's forehead, swings her arm around Chaeyoung' s shoulders and then squeezes her closer.

"Getting soft on me?" Chaeyoung teases and brings her own arms up around Tzuyu' s waist to reciprocate the gesture, "You like me too much."

You have no idea, Tzuyu thinks but just smiles at her before they step up to order. 

The two left the little café on the street corner they were at and caught people looking at them. They all recognized the two and even stole quick pictures but none of them approached the two. They were relieved and continued down the street, pulling their hoods on and lopping their arms. They then decided to go shopping around for the next few hours and during those hours, even more people were recognizing them. Some went up to them wishing them happiness, others asked a question like, 'What's it like being royalty?' and 'What's it like dating royalty?' That last one was specifically aimed at Chaeyoung.

"Everyone wants an insider on our life, huh? Chaeyoung huffs as the two speed walk back to the castle. 

"Guess so," Tzuyu sighs, she's used to this but the thought of it affecting Chaeyoung negatively is all that's on her mind. It took her years to get used to the fact that her life was going to be watched and now that Chaeyoung' s with her, she's part of that life under the magnifying glass.

"Has it always been like this?" Chaeyoung asks as they round a corner.

"Kind of, in my city they're used to seeing Nayeon and I out and about," Tzuyu explains, "No one bothers us too much especially when we're with Elite Squads like BLACKPINK or ITZY."

"Ah, people here aren't used to seeing Royals casually hanging around," Chaeyoung chuckles, "I heard in Tempus, it's similar to Noctis but the Royals are always followed by the Elite Secret Service unit, BTS, that poses as a boy band."

"Oh yeah, I met them a couple of times," Tzuyu recalls, "When I was younger and I first met Sana-unnie, Jungkook was there claiming that he was doing work for the band. Wait, how did you know BTS is a Secret Service unit?"

"Jeongyeon-unnie told me," Chaeyoung said simply and Tzuyu nodded her head, she should've known. 

"Well, ain't that convenient," Tzuyu chuckles and they reveal their identities to the castle guards who let them in. 

The two walk and talk through the halls, all the way to Tzuyu's room. As they round the corner to the hall, they notice Jeongyeon pacing back and forth with a frown etched onto her face and her index finger's knuckle in her mouth. The two slow down their pace and walk up to her questioningly. 

"Uh, Jeongyeon-unnie?" Tzuyu pipes up and their Unnie looks up at them in surprise.

"Oh, hello, sorry, I was waiting for you," Jeongyeon stops and straightens out her shirt, "Please follow me."

"Oh, ok..." Chaeyoung says slowly and the couple exchange a worried look before following their Unnie.

Jeongyeon leads them to the library. They follow her all the way to the back and Jeongyeon pulls back several books on different shelves, when she pulls the last book, the shelf it's on moves aside; revealing a staircase. Jeongyeon gestures for them to follow, which they do, and they reach an elevator in a dimly lit room. Jeongyeon takes out her body guard badge and presses it against a scanner, making one of three lights above the scanner light up. She then presses her thumb up against the scanner, causing the second light above the scanner to light up. Then a keyboard appears on the scanner and Jeongyeon types in something which the others can't see, thus making the last light light up and the metal elevator doors open. 

"What's going on?" Tzuyu asks when the elevator closes. 

"You're in danger, Tzu," Jeongyeon sighs, "We'll tell you more when we get down to the bunker. The Malusians are after you and the Noctis Royal Family."

The rest of the ride down is silent but the tension is heavy. Jeongyeon looks worriedly at the door, probably thinking about the safety of her friends, but mainly the safety of her girlfriend. The elevator doors open and they exit into a completely metal and concrete underground base. There's advanced tech, radar, and weapons all around them and they can't believe it. Jeongyeon leads them to a meeting room with a wall made of what is assumed to be bullet/shock proof glass. She presses her thumb against the scanner and a glass door slides open.

"This room is sound proof and the whole bunker has some of the best tech heads and skilled guards," Jeongyeon explains, "This is what we call the War Bunker, it's quite obviously secret but anyways, Jihyo and her parents should be here soon along with the Chief Of Staff."

As if on que, the sliding door opens again and enters the Royal Family and a tall man. The man introduces himself as General Ok Taecyeon and shakes hands with both girls.

"We've already informed Princess Nayeon of this situation but since you are the primary target of the Malusians, we need to tell you everything and show you everything," The King, Jihyo's father, explains. 

"They plan on finishing the job, don't they?" Tzuyu asks and they all gravely nod. 

"They also plan on exposing who you are," Jihyo explains, "Now there shouldn't be too much negative back lash considering you basically grew up in front of everyone, you've done a lot for the country, and your parents actually helped us...but people will be uneasy of the knowledge of being biologically Malusian."

"I'm aware of that fact," Tzuyu nods, "But what exactly is happening?"

"We have arrangements with the King Of Noctis to keep you here in Solaris," The General explains, "We'll send a dummy you that will be heavily guarded back to Nox City. There will be an announcement of the threats and the Official release of your bloodline. Nayeon will also be going back at a different date but will make her own Official statement of the knowledge after the Official announcement."

"Wait, I'm not going home next week?" Tzuyu blinks and she feels a mixture of happiness and disappointment. Happiness because she won't be leaving Chaeyoung, sadness because she misses her dad and room.

"Nope, until things die down, you're going to be staying here under a new name," The General hands her a folder with her new identity, "You need to dye and cut your hair, maybe put in some eye color contacts as well."

"Well, at least we don't have to say goodbye," Tzuyu turns to Chaeyoung who grimly smiles at her.

"Why am I here though?" Chaeyoung asks, "I'm in danger as well, aren't I?"

"You guessed right," The Queen chuckles, "You're also going to be going under a new name and look, your family can be in danger so your mom is being heavily guarded. The Official statement for you will be that you went with Tzuyu to Noctis."

"The two of you will live together in a penthouse not too far from here," Jihyo explains, "You're both going to be heavily guarded and that building already has tight security. Your neighbors will be our own country's equivalent to Noctis' Elite Squads: Red Velvet, Everglow and GFriend. You're both going to be transferred to Sol National University and they'll be enrolled there too. We hope this situation will be over by the end of your school years."

"Ugh...I'm going to the University my mom wanted me to go to..." Chaeyoung grumbles.

"Weren't you offered a scholarship?" Jihyo asks and Chaeyoung looks away sheepishly. 

"Anyways, you two will be immediately moved into the pent house," The King explains, "Tzuyu your stuff will be sent over in the plane that's supposed to pick you up. Chaeyoung, we will allow you to go home and pack immediately. While she does that, Lady Chou, please allow us to cut and dye your hair."

"Now? Uh, okay," Tzuyu stands up and so does Chaeyoung.

"See you later," Chaeyoung pecks her cheek and Jeongyeon follows her sister out. 

"So much has happened to you and you're only 18, right, Dear?" Jihyo's mom asks and Tzuyu smiles sadly.

"It's quite the life," Tzuyu sighs and follows Jihyo out to where the start of her new life will begin: the Barber's.