Ch.6 The More You Know

After being hold up in the castle for a day and meeting the most important people in all three kingdoms, Chaeyoung finally gets to explore the capital city of Noctis. It's not that she found all the Crown Princesses crazy or the quiet Princess Mina boring...she just wanted to go out. If she's in another kingdom, she might as well explore. As she walks around town in a bucket hat, aviator sunglasses, denim jacket, black shirt and shorts, she discovers the many differences between Nox City and Sol City. The trees for one, the trees in Sol were shorter, had light green leaves and had tawny brown colored wood. The trees in Nox seemed taller because they had less lower branches and both the trunk and leaves were darker shades of their respective colors. Nonetheless though, Chaeyoung found them beautiful. They had lights strung around the tree trunks on the sidewalks and she was eager to see what the sight at night looked like. In Sol, the lights were strung above the streets like there would be a street festival every night. Here, you could see into the sky and Nayeon said that the lights they use are bright enough to see but low enough to not cause too much light pollution. Chaeyoung noticed that on her first night; she looked out the window of her guest bedroom and saw more stars in her life than she's seen in Sol. 

As she continues down the street, a shop filled with native Noctis clothing styles that have been worn in the past 500 years caught her eyes. She turned and walked into the shop and admired the stitching, patterns, designs, and wearable tapestries that were in the store. As she gazed at a dress, a young man, maybe two or three years older than her approached her.

"Hello there, miss" He smiles and Chaeyoung nods her head curtly at him in greeting, "I don't believe I've seen you around here before."

"Um, yeah, I came here for the Celestial Festival with my sister and friend," Chaeyoung answers plainly, trying to display as much visible disinterest as possible.

"Oh, well then if you're not from around here, I can give you a tour!" He says enthusiastically, "I'm actually from an aristocratic family and my dad owns and invests in businesses in Solaris and Tempus."

"Oh that's nice but I'm alright," Chaeyoung sighs but the guy frowns and follows Chaeyoung as she begins to leave the shop. If the dude tries to buy what she wants, he'll never go away.

"Oh c'mon! I'm basically a Prince here! Let me show you around! Let me show you a good time!" He insists grabbing her wrist outside of the shop. 

Chaeyoung tries pulling away but he just keeps latching on. He becomes more and more desperate that they start to create a commotion. You'd think people on the street would help, and they wanted to, but they saw the boy's family crest on his back and either watched sadly or walked away. Chaeyoung didn't notice this because she was too busy yelling at the guy but a tall girl across the street did.

"HEY!" 

Everyone except the guy and Chaeyoung looks over, seeing Lady Chou Tzuyu cross the street and walk over to the small crowd which immediately parts. Everyone stares in awe at her beauty even though her goddess-like features are twisted into an angry expression. Tzuyu is about to grab his wrist but instead, Chaeyoung judo flips him, causing him to let go and groan in pain on the concrete. Everyone goes from staring in awe at Tzuyu to staring in awe at Chaeyoung and her strength. 

"You'll pay for that! I'll find out who you are and who your parents work for!" He sneers as he gets off of his back and onto his knees.

"I don't think you will, Mr. Ike," Tzuyu says calmly.

"What? Who do you-" He starts as he whips his head around but immediately pales when he recognizes her.

"I think you should leave, you've caused enough trouble and I'm sure paparazzi are capturing this whole thing," Tzuyu says quietly so no one except the three of them hear, "Your parents would be upset if you said or did anything else embarrassing."