Ch.27 The Great-

"Well, we're glad you two could kiss and make up," Nayeon waves her chopsticks in the air before digging into some noodles. 

"Was that a BP reference?" Tzuyu side-eyed the older girl and Nayeon just smiled before proceeding to dig into her food. 

"Anyways, I remember when you just figuring out life," Nayeon grips her spoon and shakes it as she reminisces a younger Tzuyu. "So many questions and you needed help with a lot of things."

"Well of course, I was 7 and still learning Noctis' language," Tzuyu scowls and eats some meat, "You haven't changed though."

"...is that a good thing?" Nayeon asks smiling and winking.

"Sure," Tzuyu shrugs and Nayeon frowns before proceeding to try and get a proper answer from the younger girl.

The others laughed at the two as they continued to eat the rest of their dinner. They all talked about all sorts of things and were catching up with one another; it had been a few months since they've all seen each other. Sana dragged Dahyun with her to Tempus, Jeongyeon was ordered to keep a distance for awhile so that their enemies wouldn't get suspicious, and Nayeon was busy with Royal duties and covering up Tzuyu' s absence in public places. 

"How's dad?" Tzuyu asks and Nayeon smiles sadly.

"He's doing alright," Nayeon answers, "He's worried all the time and misses you but he knows that keeping you away from the spotlight, especially here in another country is our best option."

"Mm...I miss him too," Tzuyu says quietly and feels a hand gently squeeze her leg, she looks over and Chaeyoung is giving her a Hey-Don't-Cry look and Tzuyu smiles at her reassuringly. 

"So far there have been no direct attacks for your life," Nayeon reports, "No one seems to suspect that you stayed here and if they do, they've been pretty quiet."

"Right," Tzuyu nods as she listens to Nayeon report more things. As she hears more, she becomes increasingly worried for the future. Thoughts like, How long will this last? They said they'll try to have it all solved by the end of the school year for them but this is very complicated.

"Tzuyu everything is going to be alright," Sana speaks up and everyone looks at Sana, "What? Tzuyu looks worried."

"Yeah...don't overthink this," Chaeyoung rubs her arm, "It'll all be alright."

"Why do they want to finish me off so bad though?" Tzuyu sighs, "All three countries know that I'm Malusian now and there has been some negative feedback but most people just, well, pity my circumstances. It's not like I'm a spy trying to usurp the throne. The royal family doesn't work like that, only blood relatives can have the throne. And it's not like I could even be a spy in contact because I've stayed in the castle closely watched and guarded until I was twelve."

"Well some people are skeptical as to why you weren't just announced as a Malusian spy's child that they're taking in," Nayeon sighs, "People forget how much everyone hated Malus back then. You would've been incredibly mistreated. This was the only way for you to not feel even worse than you already did back then."

"Hm," Tzuyu frowns.

"Pardon me, Your Majesties!" Rain barges into the room and bows deeply before looking up, "We must leave."

"What? Why?' Jeongyeon asks, shooting to her feet.

"There has just been an attempt on Tzuyu's life in Nox," Rain explains, "Please come with me, we must get back to the castle, there we will explain everything. Princess Sana and Miss Dahyun, there's Tempus transport here to take you back to the safe house prepared for you two."