Ch.34 The Resistance

"Suho will be meeting us in the warehouse basement on the edge of town," RM explains, "After we meet, BLACKPINK, Red Velvet, and BTS will be moving onto the other towns." 

"You two and ITZY will stay here and when we secure at least two towns within the next week or two, we'll start phase two," Irene finishes and everyone in the room nods. 

"Okay, Lady Chou, Miss Son-Yoo, you'll leave to meet Suho in an hour so please be ready by then," Jin explains, "RM, Jisoo, Irene, Yeji, and a National Guardsmen will be with you."

"Alright, thank you," Tzuyu boys to everyone and Chaeyoung follows.

RM adjourns the meeting and they all get ready for their designated tasks if they have one. They tell them not to bring any apparent weapons, only a knife or something because the other five with them will be bringing any "big guns." When the two are done hiding a knife in their jacket or sleeves, they head out and wait for the others. 

"So...you think this guy is trust worthy?" Chaeyoung asks her and Tzuyu hums.

"I'd like to think so," Tzuyu sighs, "If he isn't then we're here for nothing and doomed to fail."

"Ha, that's one way to put it," Chaeyoung snorts and Tzuyu smiles. 

"All we can do is hope that he's what he says he is and that's reliable," Tzuyu sighs, "I don't really want to think about what it'd be like if he wasn't."

"Yeah and I understand that," Chaeyoung nods, "I'm glad that you're handling all of this somewhat well, ya know? You'd tell me if you weren't okay, right?"

"Yeah, of course," Tzuyu smiles at her, "I tell you everything."

"Heh, yeah, I was just remembering what Nayeon told me one time," Chaeyoung laughs and Tzuyu shoots her a curious expression, "She told me that you usually keep things to yourself, especially things that bother or trouble you."

"Ah, well, that's with everyone else," Tzuyu chuckles and takes Chaeyoung's hand.

"Oh well aren't I special," Chaeyoung giggles and they share a quick kiss. 

After another fifteen minutes, the others arrive in pretty casual clothing but the couple can tell there's probably two guns in each of their pockets along with a knife and ammo. They depart for the edge of town and the entire time it's silent but Tzuyu intertwines her hand with Chaeyoung's. The shorter girl notices that her hands are cold and clammy but squeezes her hand reassuringly; she knows the taller girl is nervous. During the ride, Tzuyu stares out at the old houses and the blandness of the town. It all feels familiar but her mind can't actively remember it all. She isn't even sure if she wants to remember it all. Of course she wants to remember more about her parents and family dynamic but she doesn't want them to come back now and overwhelm her at such a crucial time. So instead of drowning in nostalgia, she looks away and tries to think about what she'll have to say to the Resistance Chapter Leader, Suho.

When they arrived at the warehouse, RM and the National Guard went ahead of them as scouts. After about five minutes, the National Guardsmen returned to tell them that the cost is clear and RM, through a pager message, confirmed he was with Suho. And so, the rest of the group left their vehicles and swiftly entered the building. When they got inside, RM was standing at a table with a man about the same height as Tzuyu, maybe just a little bit taller. He was clad in all black and brown but he didn't look intimidating like Tzuyu imagined. 

"Hello, my name is Suho," He bows and extends out his hand to shake, Tzuyu accepts the handshake before proceeding to shake everyone else's hand. 

"Thank you for meeting with us," Tzuyu bows to him after he's done shaking hands with everyone. "Please, tell us what has been going on so we can evaluate the situation."