Ch.13 The Great Chase

"Are you sure his accent was Malusian?" Chaeyoung whispers and follows Tzuyu's firm gaze. 

"Yes, I know it very well," Tzuyu says quietly, "But Malusians aren't allowed in Noctis so they're here illegally."

"What're you going to do?" Chaeyoung asks frowning as she notices Tzuyu slowly walking forward.

"Well, for one, I'm going to follow him to make sure he really is Malusian," Tzuyu says, "Then I'll tell Nayeon to contact the nearest National Guard unit."

"Tzuyu...what if they recognize you?" Chaeyoung tugs on her sleeve, "What if they try to kill you?"

"They won't if they don't know," Tzuyu says sternly and begins to walk faster.

Whatever got into Tzuyu concerns Chaeyoung. She would've thought Tzuyu would get an episode or want to stay away considering what happened at the Sports Competition but something changed about her. 

"Tzuyu...we don't even have a weapon in case they do fight us," Chaeyoung tried to reason but Tzuyu pulled an elaborately decorated but sheathed knife. "Is that-?"

"Yeah, it is..." Tzuyu sighs as they reach the alley way that the man turned into, "I'm tired of running Chae and I know this probably won't be healthy but I need to see. I promise I won't fight unless it's necessary. I just want to confirm who they are and then report it."

"But...what if they're like you and your family? What if they wanted to get away too?" Chaeyoung asks quietly and Tzuyu freezes.

"I..." Tzuyu's resolve wavers but she finds her words, "If that's the case...then I won't say anything. But if I hear him saying something suspicious, I will report them."

"Okay then," Chaeyoung says slowly, "Let's go then."

"Huh?" Tzuyu turns and looks down at her friend who raises an eyebrow at her, "Chaeyoung this might be dangerous, you don't have a weapon and I don't want you to get hurt."

"I know self defense and if they drop like a sword or something, I'll know how to use it!" Chaeyoung reasons, "Besides, I'm not going to leave you. No matter what."

"I...okay, fine," Tzuyu can't help but listen to her. She's just that whipped

The two quietly make their way down the alley and they see the man they saw earlier in the distance. He turns to his right but it doesn't seem like he went inside of a building due to the lack of a door slamming sound. They quicken their pace and as they get closer they hear low murmurs. They stop at the corner and listen in. Tzuyu widens her eyes as she realizes that they're speaking in their native tongue. 

"So Chou Tzuyu is not at the castle tonight?" A low gruff voice asks.

"It appears not so the assassination attempt cannot go through," Another voice says, this time a woman.

"They said she traveled to the coast but they never said which city," The low gruff voice explains, "The other squads have not seen her so she has to be here."

"She's travelling with that girl she's rumored to be dating," The woman offers, "Just look for a tall girl with a short girl."

"I...I think I can into two girls with that kind of description," A third voice pipes up and they all go silent.

"Where'd they go?" The low gruff voice asks and the two young girls peek into the alley to see how many there actually were. There were a total of five and they were all dressed in black and backpacks.

"I don't know, they must be somewhere else by-" The guy Tzuyu bumped into looked back and forth between all the members around him but then made eye contact with Tzuyu. "THERE!"