Chapter 1

Promise POV

"Girl them bitches be liking the ugliest nigga bro! No fucking kizzy."

"It's all about the money like everybody know jayda to sturdy for baby." Libia laughed.

"Bitch jayda went out with Kodak and it don't get no worst then that." I laughed and unwrapped the paper from around my clients head.

"Real shit." Alyea agreed. "I know lil baby dick fire cause it not the looks and jayda got her own money."

"But to be honest the cute famous nigga don't even be wanting them bitches like they like natural bodies. It's the ugly Motherfuckers that crave perfection." Libia yelled over the others.

"Like money bagg and Von-"

"Bitch don't do my nigga! He was just here last week and a bitch was tryna catch a body." Alyea started twerking.

I turned my client to the mirror and her mouth dropped.

"Oh my gosh! Girl you gotta do my hair for this video." She moved closer to the mirror. "It is in Cali though."

"Well you know if I can get my name stamped in Cali I am out." She nodded. "When?"

"I'll text you once I get all the information." I nodded and she gave me the money and walked out.

"She look like she fuck rich niggas." Libia said and everybody in the salon started laughing.

"As long as she put me on I don't care who she fucking." I wiped down my chair. "Okay you can come on." The girl hopped up.

***

I walked in my house and flopped on the couch.

"Long day?" Raya flopped down beside me.

"Yes and my feet hurt! I had client after client today." I sighed. "You?"

"I drove some clothes down to jersey for a photoshoot but other than that I was waiting on you." I nodded. "What you want for dinner?"

"I want jerk chicken and rice." She nodded. "I am going to get in the shower."

"Okay I am about to start cooking."

I nodded and hopped in the shower and got dressed.

"Bitch guess what!" Raya yelled. "An agency wants to work with me!"

"Oh my gosh! Bitch! That is motherfucking lit!" We started yelling. "When?!"

"Next Thursday in Cali."

"Bitch then we out! Unless you don't want me to come." I gave her puppy dog eyes.

"Bitch of course I want you to come!" She yelled. "You know I need to sleep with you."

"I need to start locking my mother fucking door." We walked out my room.

"Bitch and I am gonna use my nail to unlock it." She laughed. "But I am so freaking excited. This is a huge step."

"Yes it is and I am so proud of you. That a good jawn. Plus..." I smiled. "I didn't tell you did I?" She shook her head.

"What is it bitch you got me hype." She yelled and I chuckled.

"Some girl invited me to do her hair for this video in Cali. She said she was gonna text me but she hasn't."

"Did you check your unknown."

"No but we was texting on Instagram."

I looked through my unknown and it was a bunch of people asking price and if I can do this or that.

"Oh she said it this Monday and it for two days and she will send me the money for a round trip for those days but I can just get us Both one ways."

"Yeah cause who knows how long we will be there. Plus I wanna get lit while we out there."

"After we work though cause before we spend a bag we gotta-"

"Secure the next I know."

"We might need to be seeing if it's nice places to live up there because I ain't tryna stay in Philly. Everybody in the shop trying relocate to Houston but that hurricane shit go me fuck up I don't have time for mother's like at all."

"But Houston and Atlanta is great places for hairstylist. Bitches down there be on top of they shit."

"Right that is like the black Hollywood ." Raya nodded.

"That would be a good money move." I nodded. "And they go nice houses. We mineswell just buy house right next to eachother instead of living together. I love it but we can't live together forever." I nodded.

"I was just thinking that but I got like another good year living with you mAybe year and a half... two years." She laughed.

"You love da kid." She walked around the island and hugged me. "So we go four missions when we go down. Get money... spend money... stamp our names and find a place to live."

"Yeah." She nodded and turned around back to the food. "What type of video you going to?"

"I don't know I am guessing music but I am not sure but if Da baby I bitch might come home with a baby."

"No... Chris brown or j Cole." I stared at her. "what I am fishing to far?"

"Yes."

"I figured but it's worth the thought."

"Chris brown is a cocky fuck." Raya rolled her eyes. "Him and Trey Songz."

" you don't know that! He seems nice and funny."

"Girl our we talking about the same guy that beat a women?" I looked her and she kissed her teeth.

" girl let that shit go that happened it so long ago and it was a mistake. He's the one that turn his self in if he would've never owned up to his mistake nobody wouldn't knew about it but he A real ass nigga and he did what needed to be done." She shrugged. " you don't think he know what he did was wrong that's why he turned his self in let it go they done went out again everything. They are friends for god sake's! Stop bring up his past."

"Girl you are obsessed!"

"No I am obsessed with August but I just understand Chris and I know he is a good person with Rocky past and people hold it against him." She shrugged and I shook my head. "He is just misunderstood."

You would think she was really friends with these people.

"Okay Raya." I chuckled.