38.5

Promise POV

" why the fuck are you just now answering me, I called you like five fucking times."

"I was talking to Diamond."

" I don't give a fuck, you could've answered my phone calls. I'm over here thinking you're mad because I didn't answer your phone call when I was in the meeting but you're with another bitch."

" I apologize, I was just talking to her about something."

" are you going to tell me or not?"

"Mmm... she's pregnant." my heart fell into my ass for some reason.

"Hmm?" I knew what he said, but it just flew out my mouth.

"She is pregnant, four months."

" four months?"

"Yes, I haven't fuck with her in like five months altogether."

"Chris..." I sighed. "Whatever."

" listen, I did not plan for this to happen. This is not going to change anything about our plans together. I still want to be with you, and we can still take things slow, I promise this is not gonna change anything."

" Chris I will never be above any of your kids and I don't want to be, but she hates me and she's going to make this so hard for us. I told you plenty of times. I am not with the baby mama drama or any of that shit, I don't have time for that in my life, I'm not gonna be miserable just to be with you." He sighed.

" you're not gonna be miserable, I'm going to have to have a talk with her. She's not as nasty as she may come off when she's threatened, she's a really nice girl."

" whatever you say, right? That's all I can go off of now."

" why are you saying it like that, we weren't together, I always respected you, always, and for you to just act like this is the end of us or the end of the world is fucking ridiculous, I have two other kids and I still make time for you, I work all fucking day, and I speak to my kids every day, I speak to you every day, I speak to motherfuckers I'm supposed to speak to I still make time for myself, my friends, you. Nothing is going to change there's 24 hours in a day."

" Chris I just feel how I feel right now, I can't help that. I don't know."

" do you want to have this conversation with her together, I can fly you out and we can talk about this." There was a knock on the door.

I got up and opened the door.

"Hey Dave."

"Wussup sis?"

"Nothing much, Raya is taking a nap."

"Okay." He made his way to her room.

"Promise just come down here and we can all talk about this, everybody around me knows how I feel about you and how I'm trying to make this work. She's not gonna go out her way to make this hard for you."

"I guess."

" I can send a private jet for you tomorrow morning."

" I have things to do in the morning, so maybe tomorrow night. And Raya and Love might come."

" do you want me to Rent a place or y'all can stay here."

" you can rent them a place and I'll stay there."

"Okay, don't hang up. I missed your voice."

Raya POV

"Love I getting out of the shower." I laughed.