Chapter 8

Today was Tuesday, and we don't have any school today, because of some holiday. I woke up at 12. I got down and remembered that Daisy has to go to work though, and so does mom and dad. So it was only me and the boys!

It was pretty quiet. Then when I sat down on the kitchen counter, there were loud footsteps.

"Hey, Stef!" Derek said.

"Hey, Stefy!"Chad said. I waved at them. "What's for breakfast and where is Rocky?" I asked.

"Rocky's still asleep. And no food ready for us. We were thinking of go to Dukin Donuts and getting stuff for all 4 of us. You want to come along?" Chad asked.

I thought about it, and nodded. I went upstairs to change. I got changed. I got a few bucks, incase I wanted something the wouldn't buy, and phone.

I ran down and got on my navy blue converse. The boys were in the living room checking on sports. What games are today and stuff. I sat down. And then 4 minutes after we headed out.

We got in and got donuts and i got my own ice coffee. Derek and Chad left outside without me. So i got my ice coffee and started putting stuff away and not looking. That's when I bump into someone.

"I'm sorry." I said looking up.

"Stef?"

"Randy?!" I said smiling.

"We gotta stop meeting like this." he said, chuckling, I giggled along.

"You heading out?" he asked. I looked outside and Derek and Chad were outside talking and waiting for me. Randy turned around and looked at them. Looked back at me and nodded.

"oh, sorry, don't want to keep em' waiting." he said.

"Uh, I'll tell my brothers i'll see them home. I can hang here." I said.

"If you're okay with that." He said.

"I'll be right back." I headed outside.

"Lets go!" Chad said.

"You guys go, I'll see you at home. I'm gonna hang out with a friend." I said smiling.

"Alright, don't take so long." they said while walking.

I went back in, and Randy already got seats.

"Here, sit." He said motioning to the seat across from him.

"you're just gonna take that ice coffee?" he asked

"Uh, well. My brothers bought like dozen donuts, but it's for us at home. So I guess yes, this is it." I said taking a sip. He shook his, and broke half of his doughnut.

"Oh! No, no you eat it. I'm fine!" I said.

"Take it. Please, it's the morning, you gotta eat a little." he said pushing it in my face.

We started talking about music, books, tv shows, random stuff that happens in school. Funny moments everywhere. After we were done eating and didn't have much to say, we decided to go outside.

"You want to go anywhere?" He asked.

"I really don't know." i said.

"Lets just wonder." he smiled.

My phone started vibrating. It was a text. It could be something mom or dad or even Daisy needed.

"Sorry, I gotta check this out." I told him. He nodded.

It was from Danny. It said that he's bored and is thinking of coming over.

I didn't answer. I put my phone back in my pocket.