Chapter 20

I've decided that I would try and find Randy in the library in study hall, and hang out with him, as buddies. I got to the cafeteria, and it was me and Danny only at the table. I wasn't gonna freak out. Phillip is fine. And as for Mary, she was... being Mary. And my being Mary, I mean sitting right across from our table with some random friends of hers, and spying on us in a way. I feel really sad. They seemed like soul mates. Danny....

I got my fruit salad, apple, and cookies.

"Are you gonna okay if I went to the library after I finish eating? I don't want you to be alone."

"It's all right. I'll hang out my friends in my class and swimmers in our swim team."

"You sure?" He nodded.

So after I finished, I waved bye to Danny and walked off. But before I was out the door, I saw Mary giving a mean glare. Did I do something?

Like usual, Randy was at our reading spot. He really seems sorry.

"Hi." I confronted him.

He looked up from his book, called Angela's Ashes and shot up to stand up in front of me. "Hi." He said pulling his hair back.

"Uh, what are you reading?"

"Uh, some book I just picked up."

I nodded. I wouldn't have thought this would be awkward...

"Um, how do you like The Age Of Innocence?"

"Oh, I love it! Thank you again for getting it. I don't know how to repay you."

He was about to say something and I think I knew what he was going to say, so I interrupted him.

"I actually have it in my bag. I'm like half way into the book." I said taking it out. I sat down and open the book.

I start off telling him about each of the characters. But I totally forgot that he read it and watched the plays and the film, but he reminded me.

"You do know that I watched the film and the plays. Even the silent film." He smiled.

"Oops. I forgot." I smiled.

"No worries. I really liked it when you were talking. That's why I didn't stop you." He stated.

I didn't know what to say, so I changed the subject.

"So, Angela's Ashes. What's the book about?"

"Uh, some guy growing up in Ireland. It's a memoir." He stated. I nodded.

"Did you finish The Sun Also Rises?" I asked

He signed, it seems as if he didn't wanna talk about this. "Uh, yeah I did. I liked it."

"You like it? You can't just like it, you have to love it! It's one of my favorite novels! Ernest Hemingway is a talented author." He nodded.

"Is something on you mind?" I asked.

"Are we just gonna talk about books all the time? Are you here to tell me something, because last time we talked, you said you still need time. What are you trying to tell me? If you just wanna be friends, just tell me. If you want something more, and give me a second chance then you should tell me."

Why do guys just want their answers straight forward. i feel bad, then I'll make him feel sad. I took a deep breath. I moved the hair out of my face and signed.

"Randy, I really do like you, the day we met here in the library was magical, reading books with you in silence was so sweet. But thats all we do. Talk about books, read books. You don't know anything else about me. I think it would best if we started out friends and see where it takes us. We should get to know each other better, and along the way... we'll see." I breathed out.

"Okay. I am okay with that." He grinned. I knew deep down, that he was not okay with that. I'm not okay with it either. I don't think we could even get to know each other better in so little time.

I'm okaying to have to talk to Phillip about our awkward relationship. But I still haven't seen him. He knows that I'd be in the library in lunch, and nothing. Stef, relax. Don't worry. You'll just text him later. I took a deep breath. Randy got up and got his bag. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow." He grinned. I got up smiled. He walked off. See, I knew that he's wasn't going to be okay with this.

In drama class, we were just conforming who was going on this trip, which turns out to be changed to next Monday. The Tisch were performing on many days, and Ms. Robinson decided to change it and make it a little earlier. It was better for me anyways. If it was still two weeks from now, I'd have to get home really fast so I can get everything in the car and go to the airport.

I still cannot believe I'm leaving in two weeks! I'm so excited to take all these classes. I'm really excited about film studies. It's all about how filming works, and so much more, it's crazy-awesome!

I spent the rest of my drama class talking to my fellow classmates. We came across talking about me leaving. Then the girls who look like sluts (probably are) came by and asked so many questions about Phillip. 'Why would he go out with... YOU?!' 'What does he want in a girl?' 'I have everything you have, but better!' Yeah... keep talking... Your nose won't be the only thing to have to get plastic surgery on.

•••••••

This to me was a short chapter, so I'm probably going to put up the next one in a few hours or so!

Depends, if I get busy later.

Let me what you guys think is going to happen next! I wanna hear your predictions! Do you want Randy and Steffani to happen, or Phillip and Steffani is best off perfect?!!!

Tell your friends!!

Comment & Vote!