Chapter 25

At 5, we were there. The play would be at 7, so we decided to go out and eat. The school only paid for the afterwards food, meaning after the play, and they also paid for the hotel. So we were aloud to go off on our own to get food. But we had to be back by 6:30. I knew Phillip was keeping an eye on me, even if he was talking to some guys in the other class Ms. Robinson told to tag along, so I started running out to a food place. I didn't want him to follow me, I needed to breath.

I finally found a hotdog stand. I mean, yeah there were dozen hotdog stands that I passed running, but that'd be too easy for Phillip to catch up to me. I purchased a hotdog and ate it while looking down at some ducks in the water. I'm gonna miss New York. I've been here my whole 17 years. I started crying. I was crying and sweating from all the running. I checked the time and I had to get back. I started running again.

After we finished watching the play, which was amazing! The Tisch students were amazing! We went to Five Guys, which was paid by the school. We got to get 3 sandwiches, 3 side food, and drinks; desserts were not part of the school deal. Bummer.

After having the best sandwiches ever, I wanted something sweet. So I was looking at desserts and decided to go with the chocolate fudge cheese cake. I had 10 bucks but it was $12.99, basically 13 dollars. I didn't have much, so I just went with the iced coffee. It was 11 by the time everyone was outside and done with eating, we had to get to out hotel. We got on the bus. I had my music on and was sipping my ice coffee, when I saw Phillip holding a bag from Five Guys. The bus starting going.

Phillip took out and plate which he opened and out was a sundae. Five Guys didn't sell that.

"I got it this afternoon. I went to Cold Stone to get this. I told the campus at NYU, to keep it refrigerated. I thought we could eat it together." I just looked out the window. He took out one of my ear phones. "I know you wouldn't throw food away. I can't eat this alone." He smirked. I turned around. It was true. He held out a plastic spoon, I took it. I was looking at the spoon. He smiled, and held out the sundae to me. "You take that end, and I'll take this end." We dug in.

We ate with complete silence from the two of us. We finally got to the middle, and there was one cherry. We fought over it. I didn't want it, and neither did he. He took my ear phones out and my ipod, and told me to take the cherry if I wanted my stuff back.

"Give me back my ipod. Please. Please Phillip." I finally said annoyed. His face expression changed from smirks to serious look. He hadn't heard me say his name or spoke to him since Thursday, and I myself haven't said 'Phillip' since Thursday. He gave me back my ipod and earphones. My heart was beating. I didn't know what he was going to say. I looked out the window. That was the last thing I remembered Monday. I woke up in a bunk bed with other girls in the room sleeping. We were at the hotel. Did i sleep-walk here? I got up, brushed my teeth with what the hotel had and what the bus had. I headed out the door. I took the elevator down to the main lobby. I asked a man where there was the breakfast area, he asked if I was part of the school trip, i nodded and he showed me the way.

The food smelled good. There were sweets but also cereal, eggs, pancakes. I ate my food and went back upstairs. I saw Ms. Robinson come the other way. "Hello Steffani. Did you have fun last night?" I nodded rubbing my eyes. "Still tired. You can sleep for a few more hours, it's 7AM, we'll hit the road at 10AM, so you guys don't have to go to class for Tuesday either." I nodded giving a thumbs up. "Steffani. I talked to the some students and the director of the play in NYU. I told them about you. They like you. Why didn't you for for NYU?"

"I'm not a senior, still a junior. They'd ask for a lot more talent, I wouldn't have a chance." I said.

"Well, Vince, the director would love to meet you. Here is his number. He told me what days he's free to talk. Give him a call, he might just let to audition for the Tisch program." She handed me a piece of paper.

I thanked her, and went to my room. I decided to call Vince once I get home tonight or tomorrow. I could try. This is a once and a time chance as well. And if I do get into the Tisch program, i wouldn't have to leave. But i did already say yes to AOPA. It's to late. Maybe I can stay at AOPA for one year, and decide then. I'll keep Vince's contact with me until then."

We finally got back to school, and the road trip back wasn't fun as usual. Phillip tried to talk to me. But I didn't say anything or listen. Once we got to school we just had to stay in the auditorium until the dismissal bell goes off.

I met up with Randy and Dan. Us three have been hanging out lately. And we all decided to go watch Contagion on Thursday. Dan invited Randy to his party, but Randy turned it down, he was going to spend time with his sister that has been traveling the world for so long.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning, Dan and I were planning everything for the party.

I told Dan about the trip on Wednesday and he told me I should listen to him talk. I told him about the guilt, but he didn't care, he told me that Phillip would understand if my dad said no. I did hear him say it. But the guilt was just eating me alive along with the amount of days I haven't seen Phillip. Thursday came and we watched Contagion. After that movie, I talked about how crazy the movie was. Danny pretended that everyone around him had he disease, and he was taking pre-caution. It was so funny having him freak out. I asked if they wanted to come inside and eat something but they said no, that it was getting late. I hugged the two of them and headed for my house.

I had to tell Daisy everything that happened during the trip and about the movie but she's been so busy with work, what a workaholic!

I told her some parts over the phone or texted it to her or told her after dinner when she's free for an hour until her phone starts ringing like crazy.

•••••••••

So, Steffani and Phillip are parting away slowly.

What's going to happen at Dan's party. Find put by keep reading!

Comment & Vote!

Tell your friends!!