Chapter 2

Philip looked at me and smiled big. I didn't say anything. I looked through my bag, and remembered that Mary still had my iPod, she was listening to music that I told her to check out. Bummer! I rather listen to music than, talk or listen to tattoo guy. I don't know why, but that name suited him better.  

He must of read my mind, he turned on his CD player. The Flaming Lips, he listens to them... They are one of my favorite bands! "You listen to The Flaming Lips?" I asked. 

He looked at me and smirked. "Why so surprised? Their a good band."  

I looked at him. "I know their a good band, they're one of my favorite bands." 

"Mine too, right next to The Script and Feist."  

No way. "What! That's my favorite bands." I said amazed. How does he have good taste in music.  

He laughed.  

"What's so funny." I asked. 

"It's the what's funny, it's what's cute. You." I looked forward at the road. He looked at me and smiled. "What you never got compliments like that from people, like guys?" He asked looking at me. "Well, yeah, but..." I didn't know how to answer to that. He laughed. I didn't finish my sentence after that.

I started giving him directions to where to turn. We finally got to a brick light pink house. I got my stuff and tried opening the door. It was locked, I unlocked it by myself but when I opened the door it was looked again. I turned. "Unlock the door please." I told him. He shook his head. "What do you want, I'm already late for dinner." I said annoyed. "Your name, and your number." I was stunned. My name, I understand. But why my number. My sister is more good looking then me. Even my brothers, if I wasn't related to them. "you're cute." He said to cover that. "Steffani." I said. "Cute name." I looked at him. I got to unlock my door while getting him wanting to know my name. "My number..." I started saying. Then I opened the door, and ran out. I shut it. "Playing hard to get, huh. At least I know where you live." He said laughing. "Yeah not that smart now huh. See ya tomorrow, Someone Who Doesn't Want To Be Here." He winked and chuckled and drove off. What a little jerk.  

"Sorry I'm late! Mary dragged me to a swimming thing. She begged and she wouldn't let me say no." I ran into the kitchen, and hugged mom. "Dinner will be ready in 3 minutes, get changed fast." I saw Derek, Chad, Rocky and Daisy at the table talking to each other. Dad was helping set up the table. 

I ran upstairs. I wanted to take a shower, so I kept on my shirt, I wore to school and got my shorts on, and ran down.  

"Weren't you wearing that to school today?" Daisy asked.  

"Taking a shower after dinner."  

It was Chinese tonight! Home cooked, sweet! I ate up fast. I was going upstairs after washing my dishes. Derek, Chad dropped their dishes in, I pulled their shoulders back here. "Oh no! Here, work together! One can scrub, the other can dry! You guys work good together! Bye!!" I said running up. "Stef! I need you to check my math please!" Rocky yelled from his room. "Alright, after I finish my shower."

My phone rang right when I came out. "Hey, Mars! Whats up!"  

"I'm done with listening all the songs in your iPod, I'll give it to tomorrow." She said without a hi back. 

"Uh, okay. Is that it." I asked. 

"Yeah. Danny's here. We're studying." 

"Yeah... Studying." I chuckled. 

"Hey Stef! We're just studying." Danny yelled. 

I shook my head. 

"Hey, Stef, I gotta talk to you for a sec." Danny said whispering. 

"Okay, why are you whispering, is it a surprise for Mars?" 

"Nah, I was whispering because Mars granny is sleeping in her room, and I just cross her room." okay... 

"Anyway, You know that dude that has lots of tattoos? That you met today." 

"Yeah, the jerk, I remember." 

"Um, well, I don't want to know what happened, but he asked me to give him your number, and I did." 

"You WHAT!!!! Why! I just told you he's a jerk! Why, Danny!" 

"I didn't want to. Philip came over to Mars house and asked both of us, I didn't want to give it to him, but Mars told me to give it to him, cause she thought he would be cute for you. Sorry..." 

"No.. Thanks so much, you are so great!" I said being sarcastic. 

There was a silence.  

"I gotta go." I told him and hung up. I got into my sweats. I ran to Rocky's room. He was asleep on his desk. I saw his math on the corner. I took it and checked it. All good. My phone started ringing. Shit! Rocky woke up. "What."  

"Sorry, Rocky. That was me. Your math is right." I said putting it on his desk and running out.  

"Hello?!" I whispered. Everyone was most likely getting to bed.  

"Hey smart one. Whose smarter now?" It was Tattoo Guy, uh, I mean Philip. He chuckled. 

"Ha-Ha. Very smart, now what do you want?" I closed the door to my room, leading my head on the door. 

"Nothing, just wanted to say hi. Is this a bad time?"  

"It night, I gotta go." 

"Where should we go?" 

"I'm going to sleep. You do whatever the hell you do. Get another tattoo." I said annoyed. I walked to my bed.  

"Oh, thanks for reminding me! I gotta get a new tattoo!" he said laughing. 

"Are you done yet?" I said rolling my eyes. 

"Your voice is so cute when you're annoyed. I like it." he said chuckling. 

In the background, I can hear the song Breakeven by The Script on. Someone was yelling.  

"No. Not yet. One second. Hey you know this song?" 

"Yeah, Breakeven by The Script." 

"Very good. What's your favorite song by them?" he asked. The song was lowered. 

"For The First Time and Dead Man Walking. Why?" i asked. He asks a lot of questions. 

"No reason, just curious." he said. It felt like he was smiling. 

"Can I go now?" I asked annoyed. 

"Feisty. See you tomorrow!" He said hanging up. 

What is with him. He thinks he could soften me up like that. No. 

I listened to FUN. while going to sleep. If he listens to them, This is just insane!