hunnits hunnits

so where's my millionaire?

Oakland, CA. 11:45PM

Megan stepped out onto the floor and swung her leg around the pole. Tonight was already exhausting as is since a lot of people came to see her dance. It was a Saturday night and all the ballers were out. Dollars scattered the stage. She was happy to be getting the paper, but more than anything, she wanted to cuddle with 4oe and watch Yu Yu Hakasho. Sometimes she wished she wasn't living this life.

A man threw an expired credit card on stage to which a bouncer responded by punching him in the nose and escorting him out the club.

Megan walked into the sweaty dressing room to see Alyssa all up on her rapper boyfriend. Ignoring them, Megan got out her duffle and started putting on her regular clothes. Tonight she was going home early so she could lay back and relax. No filthy dollars or looking at greedy people ask for more than she was giving.

Alyssa grabbed Megan before she left. "Wait, girl. One of my man's homeboys wanna drive you home."

"I trust uber more than one of your little nigga's knuckleheads," Megan snapped, looking at Koy. Alyssa really liked hood niggas who looked like they played ball in high school because of their height. Koy stood over Megan about 3 feet. He smelled like cigarettes and fresh sneakers. He probably mopped them instead of buying them with the dirty money he was actually earning.

"Ease up, mo." He put his hands in his pocket. "My nigga Tyrone the real."

"Yeah. Tyrone a singer." Alyssa smiled. She looked over. "There he go."

Tyrone walked in and he was tall. Had them pretty green eyes and long hair. He nodded his head and took off his hat. "Pleasure to meet you, Megan." He didn't sound as disrespectful as Koy sounded to Alyssa. He spoke with all the proper English.

She smiled. "Ooh. Okay. Hi, Tyrone."

"Just call me Ty." He grinned back. He had such a pretty smile. Megan wanted to kiss his lips and see what else he had to offer.

Alyssa watched them proudly. "You go girl," she cheered.

Megan walked with Ty to his car with loads of hesitation. But, she saw that he drove a Wraith and it was decked out. He opened the passenger door. "You riding?"

"Boy, what do you do?"

He chuckled. "I'm a singer."

"I ain't heard you on the radio before."

"My shit too good for radio."

Megan raised her eyebrows as she slid into the car. It didn't smell like weed, unlike Koy's car that smelled like skunk weed. She checked her phone and shared her location with Alyssa just in case this dude tried anything funny. Megan didn't know why she obliged to even getting in the car with him.

Ty pressed the button. "Alright, I ain't even gonna cap. I wasn't tryna get no cheeks or anything. I was just driving you home. But I did want a favor."

"Boy..." Megan sighed. "I knew there was something up. I ain't no trick-"

"No. Shawty. I want you to give my mixtape to your DJ and have you dance to it. I don't even want a girl right now. I'm focused on the dollar bills." He pointed to his neck. Underneath his chin, there were the words DOLLA SIGN tattooed. Megan chuckled. "Nah...shawty please."

"That's all you want?" Megan asked.

Ty nodded. "Now give me the addy so I can make sure you get home safe."

Megan never promoted an artist before, but this was something new. She gave him the address and they talked about rap music on the way to her apartment. Ty dropped her off in front of her door but before he pulled off. He played a song for her. Megan bobbed her head along to it. "Ooh. This you?"

Ty nodded. "You already know. I'm tryna give the Hot Girl Captain a bop of the summer."

Megan smiled back at him. "That's what's up, Ty."

He rolled down his windows. "We gonna turn Oakland out." 

Megan unlocked her apartment door to see roses everywhere. She lifted one out and smelled it. Her doorman probably let someone in to drop them off. She was used to admirers. She was not surprised it could have been Ty. But, the card said otherwise.

She opened the yellow card envelope. And saw that it was sent from Kehlani's camp. The letter was cute.

My future starlet, I know I haven't given you much information...but let this be a little introduction to what I want your role to be. - Lani

Her number was scratched on the back of the card.

Megan nibbled her lip, thinking about how fine Kehlani looked that night. All her tattoos and the big energy she was carrying. She smiled to herself. All these opportunities were just presenting to her. From helping a rapper rise to potentially becoming an actress.... maybe she should expand her horizons more.

Dancing at the Hot Girl club as "the captain" was nice and all, but she always wanted more from life. Alyssa sent a text, asking if Ty was cute to which Megan ignored it to call Kehlani.

She hoped that she was awake. It was after midnight and usually people were knocked out around this time. Megan  prepared a bath for herself. She heard Kehlani's sweet raspy voice over the phone.

"Yo..." Kehlani answered. "What's up. Kehlani Parrish speaking." She sounded like she was a little lit. Megan poured her essential bath oils into the hot water.

"Yes...hi. This is Megan from Golf. Tyler's establishment?"

"How could I forget you?" Kehlani asked.

"You sound so fine..." Megan breathed. "Shit." She blushed. "Sorry."

Kehlani softly laughed. "Nah, you good, boo."

"Boo?"

"Yeah, boo. You don't like that?"

"I ain't say all that..." Megan was so nervous. Kehlani's energy was so bold. It made her feel geeked already.

"Don't be complaining."

"What you sippin' on?"

"Tequila," she replied. "You should have a shot. What you doin?"

Megan's throat got dry. She watched as the bath got nice and foamy. She kicked off her heels. "Just about to relax."

"I'm in a hot tub in Santa Monica...all alone..."

Megan giggled. "You can't seduce me on the first phone call, ma'am."

Megan can hear Kehlani smile with her tongue in her cheek. "Ain't nobody tryna seduce you, damn. Plus I don't date anybody I cast," Kehlani said, defensively.

"Okay. Excuse me. But you were calling me boo."

"I call everyone boo."

Megan smirked. "Yeah, whatever."

"I wanna see you again."

"Come to the club. When you coming back from Santa Monica?"

Kehlani's phone muted. Megan got into the tub while the line was silent. Then Kehlani came back after two minutes. "I'm coming back to the city tomorrow night. I'll be at the club."

Megan hummed gleefully. "Okay. See you then."

"Can't wait to see you."

As Megan laid in the tub, she thought to herself...maybe she will just finesse this Kehlani person. Everything about her piqued her curiosity. However, she was not sure what she wanted from her yet. She just knew that that woman was something else.

Megan smelled one of the roses that were delivered as she enjoyed the bath and began picking at the petals.