come back to me

all my love is all i have

Athens, Greece. 11:11PM

Megan laid in the silky sheets and fountain down pillows in one of the most expensive hotels in Greece. It was around 10,000 USD a night and somehow Kehlani's card allowed them to pay for the flight and dinner. She wondered how, but never thought too much about it. Alyssa was out at the club still. Megan did not really feel like partying. After Kehlani called earlier today, she felt off. A big part of her missed her. She wondered what she was up to. It was probably morning over wherever she was. 

As petty as she wished that she could be, something about the tattooed woman broke her exterior. Her entire persona. They barely knew each other. So why would someone just change her life that fast and then dip? 

Megan missed her dog and wished that she could cuddle with him and watch anime. But, she couldn't really watch it on the TV. Even though the hotel was expensive, she did not understand Greek instructions while trying to set up her Firestick. With that, the service people didn't really understand English either. It was a lose-lose situation. Megan knew they were checking out in the morning because the guilt started seeping in. Spending 24K in two days would be ideal if she gave 0 fucks about the person she was using. This time, she was in her feelings. 

She went to Kehlani's instagram to look at her photos and video promotions. There were tons of pictures of her in different places of the world, like Jamaica and Tibet. Wow, Kehlani was well-traveled. She meditated with monks, smoked with rastas, filmed with people from Spielberg's camp. She was just out there. Then, there was a very old picture of her and Solana. Megan checked the date to see it was a year ago. The caption read "you and i till death do us part". They were in front of an abandoned chapel. Solana was holding flowers that looked like they were picked straight out of a lawn. Kehlani was smiling big. In the comments, Tyler wrote "I knew y'all got married". Solana's reply was "we didn't...yet". Megan decided to check out Solana's Instagram since she was curious as to what Kehlani saw in her. There were mainly just pictures of her. But, once she got to the bottom of the feed, there was a picture of Kehlani holding a camera. There was no caption there. But, Kehlani looked just as happy as she did when Megan and her started talking. 

That was when Kehlani FaceTimed Megan as soon as she pressed that one sole comment. 

Megan answered. "Hey."

"I'm home." Kehlani said. "I'm packing up because I'm moving, though." 

"You're moving?" Megan asked, her throat getting heavy. 

"When you coming back home?" Kehlani asked, her dominant tone sounding a little desperate. 

Megan swallowed her tears. "I don't know yet."

"I hope you come soon. We got so much to talk about and I wanna just hold you." 

"I'm getting on a red-eye tomorrow morning." 

She felt so weak saying that. But, didn't relationships require some sort of vulnerability. She decided to put her pride down. Kehlani nodded. "Alright shawty. I uh...I love you." 

Megan's heartbeat raced out of her chest and went all throughout her body. "Um..." 

The call ended. Megan immediately got up and finished packing up. 

+

Oakland, CA. 4:55AM

Megan showed up at Kehlani's loft door with all of her luggage since she couldn't wait any longer. She knocked on the door and tears ran down her cheeks. She felt herself sniffle. Kehlani opened the door and they hugged once they saw each other. It felt like home in each other's arms, even though they barely know where they were going in this relationship. 

Kehlani held Megan's face between her palms. "Look. I'm sorry. I don't know what's going on or...why I even dipped. I'm here for you. I got you. I'm sorry that..." 

"Shh...just hold me." Megan closed the door behind her and entered the living room. Kehlani took off Megan's shoes for her and led her to the bedroom. They laid together in silence as incense burned. The sun crept slowly through the curtains. Kehlani kissed Megan's forehead as she closed her eyes. "I don't know why but I love you too," Megan whispered. 

Megan listened to Kehlani's heartbeat. It was fast. She wondered if it was because she was nervous. 

"I want you around. Not just for a movie or anything. I just want you." 

"You should have been that way from the jump," Megan chuckled. 

Kehlani laughed sleepily. "Yo...let's just talk when we both not sleepy. I know you're super jet-lagged. You crazy for coming here."

"I didn't wanna go home." 

"Let me be your home." 

"I don't think that's a good idea right now. Ain't you used to strays?" 

"Shawty...you different." 

"That's right. None of them women you had could even amount to me. I'm the realest you'll ever have...but I ain't gonna live with you until you put a ring on my finger or show me that you not gonna fuck this up."