ride or die

Oakland , CA. 6:52 AM. 

when i get lonely, imma need your help

Kehlani watched as Megan slept quietly in her bed, naked and in bliss. It soothed her to see her like that after a long night at the club. When they got in this morning, a couple hours ago, they made long, elaborate love in the shower with some smooth r&b in the background. Then, they cuddled in bed, hands held tight and heads pressed against one another. Megan purred in Kehlani's ear that she never felt that at ease before in her life. 

It made her wonder, if Megan ever wanted more than just to be a pretty dancer or an actress. It made her wonder if she wanted to be married. Keh never even thought of a ring for Solana. Though it was only two months of them playing cat and mouse, Kehlani wanted to settle on Megan. Even if it was ridiculous to think about, so many people rush into these things. Maybe it was the feeling or maybe it was the fact that they just finished a steamy evening. Any man would want to lock down someone like Megan Pete. She was gorgeous, intelligent, kept you in check and knew what to do in the bedroom. But, what did Kehlani give to Megan that made her feel like she did not want a big baller or a millionaire? She made her dollars, but she was not no Elon Musk or an Oprah. 

Megan stirred in her sleep, to which Kehlani responded with stroking her warm brown skin. Her eyes slowly fluttered open. "Baby, did I wake you?" 

"No," Kehlani said. She was reminded of the many men that Megan pulled in the club, but then remembered she was a choice. Megan chose her. It was a blessing. Jealousy can be a bitch, sometimes. It made Kehlani want to just settle down for once. The film with Queen was about to take off and everything seemed like it was going to be right. "Just up thinking." 

"I was thinking in my dreams." Megan rolled on her back and started staring at the ceiling. "I think I wanna leave the club. All that shaking my ass and making dollars is nice, but I think it's time for me to leave. I'm turning 26 soon. I wanna have a lil mini me before I turn 30 and who the fuck wants to marry a stripper?" She laughed to herself. 

"I'd marry one," Kehlani said. "I would marry you in a heartbeat." 

"Kehbae." Megan sucked her teeth, side-eyeing her. "You wanna marry me?" 

"If I could, I'd buy you a fat ass ring and we would move to a big ass home in San Francisco." Kehlani grabbed her hand. "Have 4oe and some more dogs. Get you a lil mini-you." 

"I want a daughter named Rayann." Megan held Kehlani's arm, deep in her maternal daydream. "I wanna do her hair, dress her up and take her out to lunch...." 

"I'd spoil you both. My queen and my princess." Kehlani smiled. 

"Come home, cook you dinner....baby," Megan sighed. "If I do quit the club, how I'm gonna get through school? I don't want you to seem like my sponsor. And my Onlyfans dollars ain't gonna cut them med school fees. I don't wanna be with my sugar daddies no more either since I'm committed..." Megan paused. "Damn, I'm really laid up with you on the serious tip." 

"Yeah," Kehlani said. "I mean, I don't mind paying your way through school because we together. If we do get married, it could condense your loans down." 

"I wanna marry for love," Megan said, her face slightly pensive. "Not financial gain. I'm not the ol' me. I'm new in my priorities. Are you serious about us?" 

"I slept with 4 people before we even got together. The fuck I need to be fucking more people for? I'm good." 

"I'm good too." Megan leaned against Kehlani's shoulder. "I just don't want you to be unsure. I never thought about ever quitting my real dream. I'm gonna open my damn hospital. But, I wanna be sitting pretty. I want my daughter, Keh." 

"I'll take care of her when you go to your classes. She'll just be on set with me and Mrs. Queen Naija White." 

Megan smiled. "I guess our dreams are gonna come true then." 

"They will."