truth hurts

i done told you before that it's over, me 'lone

Oakland, CA. 7:30PM

Kehlani smoked a blunt outside on her balcony as she fumed over the conversation she had with Amala about Solana. Basically, she was begging that Kehlani take her back because she is taking up all the space in her house and is depressed. Kehlani's response was "you could have saved her if you told her to tell me she wanted an open relationship". But, Amala was not having it. She told her that Solana practically begged her not to tell, but living with her was not easy.

That was when Kehlani recalled that Sol had nothing without her. She sighed heavily. Sometimes she wished that she had a warmer heart for her but after all those lies, she closed herself off. And, plus the way all the people they met as a couple were plotting on Keh the moment she stepped out of her relationship. Hayley was talking about staying down in her San Fran loft right across from her (but she knew that she was planning to spend another night with her), Teyana said she was calling to apologize at 6, but now it is an hour and a half later. She was sure that Tey was focused on her NBA beau. It didn't really bother Kehlani, but shit...at least text a heads up.

Being alone tonight was just going to make her think about Sol. Her bed must have felt cold because it had been almost a month of her not sleeping in it. The picture if them together was still hanging above the headboard that was taken by one of Lani's photography buddies. She walked off the balcony and tore it down. Tears began pouring down her cheeks. She knocked over a bottle of expensive perfume that she bought her. Everything she left on her side of what used to be their dresser, she pushed off it and the glass broke on the floor. Soon, the dog came barking in, only to stop when he saw Kehlani crying.

Then they both heard a knock on the door.

Kehlani wiped her eyes and walked downstairs, Astro at her heels. She didn't even check the peephole. Here was Solana in the doorway, with a bag.

"Hey...um. I came to pick up..."

Kehlani looked up. "The fuck are you doing here?"

"I came to pick up the rest of my things."

Pressed, Kehlani laughed with anger. "That was 3,000 dollars wasted. All them shits are gone. I threw them out." Knowing good and well she broke every perfume bottle, every expensive skin lotion... she took out that frustration. "You should have took it a month ago."

"Those were mine, Lani."

"I paid for em."

"They were gifts."

"When you were with me."

Solana pinched the bridge of her nose, while closing her eyed. "Don't be difficult, please. I already regret everything. Amala cusses me out everyday since I started crashing at her place."

"Sounds like your fault."

"I heard who you been fucking," Solana snapped.

Kehlani rolled her eyes. "And that has nothing to do with you anymore."

"Tuh," Solana scoffed. "All the shit you do is associated with my name. You fucking around at strip clubs, fucking everyone in your circle."

"Now you see how that shit feels, huh?"

"Fuck you, Kehlani!"

"You wish you did."

Solana shook her head, trying not to laugh. "Okay. So, tell me you miss me, Keh. I heard you don't even sleep here. You paying this rent and not even keeping the lights on?"

Kehlani wondered who was telling all her business, but then remembered that most likely, Amala or Hayley was. Maybe everyone was spiteful. But, she didn't wanna give Sol the satisfaction of even asking about a source...

"Say it, Keh," Solana got in Kehlani's face. "Tell me you need me. I'll stay."

Kehlani couldn't fight it. She grabbed Solana and pushed her onto the couch. She hovered over here. "I don't need you anymore."

"Then what are you doing? Hm? You wanna make love to me again?"

"I'm gonna give you what I give everyone else."

Kehlani and Solana began kissing. This didn't feel like home anymore. She felt like she was hooking up with a stranger. Her hands traveled Solana's body. Though it felt the same, it didn't feel like love at all.

"This is what you wanted, right?" Kehlani asked. "Me to fuck you like everyone else? You were always the jealous type."

"Baby..." Solana moaned as Kehlani slid her fingers into her womanhood.

"One rule. I'm not yours anymore. After you're done, you're getting the fuck out this house," Kehlani said as softly as possible while thursting her fingers in and out. Soon, she was eating Sol out, giving her the best head she's ever given her months. Her back was arching and Sol was moaning so loudly that the neighbors could hear.

Kehlani was getting pleasure knowing that no one would ever do Sol like this. Fuck her good, buy her everything she wanted, basically pamper her. No one could do that like her. But, she know this feeling would soon dwindle out once Sol would leave. Afterwards, Kehlani wiped her mouth and lit another blunt.

Solana pulled up her panties and shorts. She looked at Kehlani. "So, this is it, huh? You had to get me out your system?"

Kehlani said nothing, avoiding eye contact, knowing it would break her.

"Okay, Keh." Solana  said picking up her bag.

"Just don't come here again."

"You know we got friends-"

"They're my friends. Obviously, they was telling you shit to spite you. All y'all think y'all got me, but y'all don't."

Sol slammed the door. Kehlani scrolled down to Hayley and called her up. She knew that she was probably telling Solana her business or possibly Tey was.

Either way, she knew one of them that she had been entangled with had to alert Solana. She wanted to know why they all had this hive mind about her, because shit was not flying whatsoever.

Hayley answered. "Hello?"

"You told Sol I was fucking around with you?"

Hayley sucked her teeth. "Now, why would you think that?"

"Don't play, Hayl."

"I'm sure it was just a slip up. But, I know we not seri-"

"Hayley..." Kehlani dragged from her blunt. "Why?"

"I didn't know she was gonna take it to the heart." Hayley sighed. "I mean, I know she is out here. But I didn't know she still cared about you."

"She came here tonight for her shit that's actually the shit I bought her. I was thinking about taking the shit I bought her back but, I know its not worth it. I fucked up my bedroom."

"You wanna sleep he-"

"No." Kehlani sighed. "I'm gonna take some time to be alone for awhile. Maybe start writing."

"Okay..." Hayley replied. "Call me if you need anything."

Kehlani hung up and threw her phone across from her. She picked up the throw blanket that Sol picked out for their home decor when they first moved here and then went to sleep.