let me put you on

a/n: sorry for hanging y'all on a thread but I had work and finals. I'll be back to uploading more for you guys. Hopefully two chapters a week. But, please understand I am also working on projects that I get paid for. Stay tuned! Purchase Nevermore Heights on Amazon!~

pick up your feelings

Oakland, CA. 9:45AM

Megan finished applying her makeup as Lauryn Hill played in the background. Puckering her lips, she checked herself in the mirror. Her outfit was purely casual, but still eye-catching. Though she was putting Kehlani Parrish on a leash, she still wanted her mind to wander when she took a look at how she was looking. Her short shorts shown off her toned legs and her retro Js were fresh on her feet. She had on a Spongebob t-shirt and was looking like she came fresh from the 90s. "95 and fine" as Alyssa would say.  Megan blinked her cat eyes knowing she could grab attention with the way she stared.

Yeah, Keh was in trouble.

Unsure of why she was even thinking about entertaining her, Megan checked Kehlani's text message which she sent around 5 in the morning while Megan was definitely getting sleep and not binge-watching Inuyasha.

Kehlani P: meet me @ the park by your apartment complex at 10:15.

Megan wanted to be fashionably late. She sat on her sofa and played with 4oe who was barely awake. He nipped at her fingers lazily before closing his eyes. "You're no fun," she cooed to the dog.

Silently, Megan prayed that Kehlani was not around any female that wanted her. They'd ice Megan as if she wanted her. Sure, Keh was hot shit, but not that much in Megan's eyes. All she saw was damage and baggage. All she saw was heartbreaker. She wondered why Tyler brought her to a club after a "break up". Tuh. She could have been scouting her her next little "mistake".  Then again, Kehlani did not seem like the type to search for love in the club. Based on her projects, she seemed genuine. But, any wolf can lie in sheep's clothing. Megan was not going to let those tattoos and raspy ass voice knock her off her feet.

There was a clicking at the door and Jonathan walked in, putting his keys in his pocket. Megan forgot she gave Jonathan keys to her apartment. "What's up, Meg?"

"What are you doing here, baby? Ain't you supposed to be fixing up your happy home?" Megan asked.

Jonathan shrugged.

"Are you drunk or high, right now? I can't be dealing with this shit right now. I got places to go and people to see." Megan folded her arms disappointed. Though Jon was fine as hell, she was sort of tired of dealing with people and their issues. Where was her peace as Jonathan put it? They were still best friends, though.

Jonathan sniffled. "I'm a little fucked up. Just let me crash here for a few days."

Megan sucked her teeth. "You lucky I love you, boul."

He laid out on the sofa, eyes closed. He smelled strongly of Henny and weed. Megan quickly got up so she could maintain the scent of her signature perfume. Later, she'll tell Jon to clean himself up when she gets back.

She went downstairs to the entrance of her apartment where the guard was sipping his usual oatmilk frappucino and eating his vegan breakfast sandwich. She waved as she stepped out to the humid but windy Oakland air.

As soon as she set out for her walk, a dude catcalled her as she walked down the street. She rolled her eyes. She put her airpods in and continued her morning playlist of old school rap. Tupac was speaking to her soul. This dude would not leave her alone though. He had a cigarette hanging from his lips. He looked dusty. She clutched her mini Coach purse as she kept on walking to the park. The man kept screaming at her. She whipped her head around to see that he had his hand in his pants. She was about to kick him until a person ran up on the man and tased him. The man screamed as he fell to the ground.