brb.

San Francisco, CA. 10:30AM

woke up in the morning and my head is a mess. 

House shopping with her new bae was not on Megan's list of things to do at 25 a couple months ago. Maybe house shopping alone, but she did not have that much credit built up yet to be splurging on a home. But, with another person that was not Alyssa? That she was romantically involved with? This was something new. 

This home had a balcony that gave a small view of the famous Golden Gate Bridge. It had 5 spacious bedrooms and a huge living room. It was perfect to house the 3 dogs Megan was planning on adopting from a nearby shelter. She was going to strip her ass off for another 6 months to help upkeep the mortgage until Kehlani was able to rack up some funds to keep her through school and the mortgage. She was also in talks with several producers this evening. But, Kehlani made sure they had this house appointment. 

"What do you think?" she asked, staring at the beautiful expensive chandelier piece that hung in the center of the entrance. There were 3 bedrooms, a big Olympic size pool in the back with a pretty, picturesque backyard. Megan was gawking. There were houses this big in Texas, but they never looked this expensive. 

Megan thought to herself, picturing her little mini-her running around and Kehlani trying to keep up. She also thought about her little personal office space and Kehlani's work studio. She shrugged. "It's all about what you want. I love it." 

The real estate agent beamed. "The builders of this home just finished it 3 months ago and it's been sitting pretty for a while." 

Kehlani nodded. "I like that." 

"3M." The real estate agent checked their clipboard. "And it's also eligible to be taken down to 2.5"

"Why?" 

"Lots of...black people are moving out here and people don't like that. You know how it is," the real estate agent sighed. "I's sorry. But, the home is so beautiful. I would recommend it for any married couple. How long have you two been tied?" 

Megan awkwardly held her hands together. Unsure of how to respond, Kehlani just stood next to her and planted a kiss on Megan's cheek. Then, she stood in front of her, got on one knee. The real estate agent gasped. Kehlani took Megan's hand really gently, her fingertips grazing Megan's soft palms. Megan's eyes widened. "In our new home, I wanna be tied to you as soon as possible. Will you marry me, Megan Jovon Pete?" 

Megan's lip trembled. Her heart was caught in her throat and it was beating loudly. Commitment. It was here. It was staring at her right in her face. Before she could even form a proper response, a voice echoed through the home. 

Eric Bellinger was singing "Superstar" by Usher, and a group of people came in with flowers. Alyssa and Tyler were among them, so was Destin. Kehlani smiled with tears in her eyes. Megan could not even begin to express how she felt in words. Kehlani's eyes welled up with tears. "I love you." She held her hand. "I told you, I'd give you the world." 

Megan felt her own eyes start to cry, as she never felt so overwhelmed with emotion. It was a new feeling, exciting, scary and wonderful. Heavy on the scary, though. It was only a summer of them being in love. But, it was new to both of them. Alyssa was staring at her proudly. If she got her girl's blessing, then, it may not be a bad idea to marry Kehlani. 

"If Biggie and Faith can do it, so can we....yes," Megan said. "I love you." 

"We ain't gonna be like them, though, shawty." Kehlani smiled. Everyone laughed and clapped as Kehlani placed the ring on Megan's ring finger. They both cried and kissed one another. "And yes, we'll take the home." 

"Remember, I'm not like any of them women you had before," Megan said. "Nobody will ever get as real as me...ever.

"Yes, mama." Kehlani smiled. 

to be continued... 

(a/n: Kehlani and Megan's story does not end here. it's been a long ass year with this story. i admit it's not any of my best, but the sequel will be fire once i get back on my shit. hurt bae. is now gonna be turned into healed bae. meglani will be back. love y'all. muah. more shit soon come. stay tuned and allat.)