tired of you

you can have all of me, my baby

Tijuana, Mexico. 3:39PM

The clock ticked heavily in the kitchen as Kehlani sat on her laptop eyeing her script. After spending a week here, nothing really good came out the story. She was dealing with a great deal of writer's block. Megan was gone for awhile with Destin and Alyssa. The house was silent. She decided to step outside for a moment and go for a walk. There were a lot of Americans who stayed on the complex since it was a hot spot for young and upcoming business owners and artists to vacation. A local band played by a fountain.

Kehlani walked to the open bar shack and got a virgin pina colada. She noticed a woman with long braids that traveled down her back and beads. She had a nose ring with some tattoos on her arm. Something about her spoke to Kehlani. Her eyes traveled down to her jeans that hugged her figure nicely. There were some painted designs on the denim fabric.

"Yo," Kehlani said. "I like your style."

The woman turned around. She was sipping on a margarita. "Thank you."

"You come here often?" Kehlani asked. She thought she sounded like a dork immediately.

"Not really. It's my first time south of the border. My name is Kiana. Kiana Lede."

"Kehlani. Kehlani Parrish." Kehlani extended her hand.

"I heard of you," Kiana said, her cool demeanor switching up to a more excitable one. "You made that film...uh... fuck....I saw it once on a friend's YouTube one day. I felt very inspired. You know, we have a creative camp in LA. I sing and some friends down there do some filming. I know we just met, but it would be cool if-"

Kehlani smiled, holding up a hand. "I'm from Oakland. I'm planning to stay there for a while until I get some more pieces off the ground."

"Oakland. I never been. I'm from Arizona," Kiana said.

"It's in NoCal," Keh said, sipping from her drink.

"Maybe I should visit one day."

"I could show you around," Kehlani said, looking at her. Kiana had some gorgeous eyes. She bit her lip while gazing at her lips. Damn Keh, you fucking up. Her Aries Venus made her have a wondering eye. Even if she told Megan all those things, she wasn't quite sure if she had the mental capacity to do all those things. Especially right now.

Maybe fucking around would not be such a bad idea. In her defense, they had no label. And she was going through a break up. Yeah, Meg would be her favorite. She would be Meg'a favorite. She was sure she was still fucking around with more people. Kehlani rationalized that off the bat. It wouldn't hurt...right?

Kiana flipped her braids back, the beads clanging together in her hair. "What's your number?"

They exchanged numbers. Afterwards, Kehlani planted a kiss on her cheek when Kiana went back to her boyfriend, who glared at Kehlani as if she did something wrong. Kehlani laughed to herself and continued to get drinks.

+

"Aahhh, Keh, you missed the mall. It was sickening," Destin drawled when he entered the house. Kehlani was watching Grey's Anatomy on the couch with Astro in her arms. Megan and Alyssa came in with bags.

Megan kissed Kehlani. "Hey Baby."

"What's up?" Kehlani deadpanned, watching Meredith on the screen make out with McDreamy.

"I got so many outfits. I bought you something, too." Megan tossed a bag to Kehlani. "I always thought burgundy would look good on you."

Kehlani opened the bag and saw lingerie. Her cheeks warmed. "Oh..."

Megan smiled mischievously before going to the fridge to crack open a Smirnoff. "What did you do all day?"

"Write, network," Kehlani said. She thought about the woman at the bar with the braids. Instantly, her heart began racing like a school girl. "You know...the usual."

"Network? You went outside?" Destin asked.

"Yeah," Kehlani replied quickly. "I met some people in the outdoor thing."

"Who?" Megan asked. "Anybody who can help all of us boost our careers?"

"Y'all asking too much," Kehlani said, laughing uncomfortably. "I'm gonna go chill in my room."

"Baby, put on that sexy fit for me." Megan raised her eyebrows.

"My period started." Kehlani walked to the room and sat in front of the computer. She thought about chucking the whole project since it made her think of Solana. She also wanted to think about something other than love. Why was she feeling this way?

Destin walked in the room and sat down on the bed. "What's going on?"

"What?"

"You just left us out there. Megan looked pissed."

"Okay," Kehlani said. "I hope you didn't buy too much. You know we leave in two days."

"Don't worry. But, like...what the fuck happened?"

"Nothing."

"I know this. Alyssa is warning Megan about you and she barely even knows you. Keh, please don't prove her right. I feel like you're closing off again."

"Fuck you mean?" Kehlani laughed. "I'm fine."

"You just...look I know you like Megan. But, what do you really want from this? Even Megan wants to know. You talk a good game but...you play a lot."

Kehlani scoffed while sitting at the desk. "Okay. What did Alyssa say?"

"You gonna leave Megan high and dry. Just like Sol did you."

"Me and Meg never solidified what we are. And she gets around too. I can get around if I wanted to."

"Meg cut off her hoes. She got the cops to get that boul Jonathan out her apartment. Benito ex-communicated her. All her sugardaddies are MIA. She wants to settle for you."

Kehlani licked her lips. "And she could have told me this herself. We could talk about this, instead of you asking me shit. I'm tired of dealing with my shit through other people."

"I'm just coming to you because I know you have baggage you don't like to address. You still get very weird over hearing Zen's name."

"Get out, bro."

"I'm just saying. You need therap-"

"Get. Out."