queen of hearts

good girl, i knew you were a good girl, that's all i ever fall for

Oakland, CA. 4:30PM

"This would look good on you!"

Megan checked herself out in the mirror in the skirt that Alyssa had picked out for her. She thought it was cute but not that cute. It hugged her figure nicely but it still was sort of a little too loose. Plus, the material felt too cheap.

"Girl, I don't know," she said. "Ma'am. Can I try on the Micheal Kors boots in the display window?"

The retail employee nodded and walked to retrieve them.

Alyssa wanted to take Megan on a shopping trip to ease their stresses. Sometimes being a stripper was not mentally gratifying. All those people grabbing at them and greedily throwing dirty dollars. The sweat equity they put in to make those men feel entertained. They were off for the evening, so they had a platonic friend date. Alyssa also set up reservations at Megan's favorite Southern styled BBQ restaurant.

"So, did you hear back from Ty?" Alyssa asked.

"No. I think it's cause you broke up with that nigga of yours."

"Koy ain't have no real friends. They all laughed in his face behind his back," Alyssa huffed, as she kicked off the signed Retro 1s she bought to try on some Louboutins.

Megan turned around. "If he don't call back, I know Kehlani will. I got her on a thread. I just wonder when she will be finished with that script. How you cast someone for something without finishing or starting the project?"

"I told you, that woman seems weird. These directors crafty."

"You should meet her. She's so fine."

"You now see what I was trying to say...however that does seem weird. She doesn't direct for Brazzers or the Hub, right?"

The employee returned with the boots in the box. Megan gleefully opened it to see herself in them. Sliding them on, she felt confident. Tall. Beautiful. She flipped her tresses of her pressed bundles behind her. "I'll def be buying these."

"You look hot in them boots," Alyssa purred. "I'll also be buying these!" She pointed to the box of Christian Louboutin red- bottom heels.

"To answer your question, Keh is legit. I saw a film of hers and it seemed real. Just like real conversations, real emotions."

"I know she is a talented person. But, she could have been showing you anything."

"Lyssa." Megan laughed. "Believe me. If you meet her, you'll see she ain't sleazy at all. I mean, when I had miss Thee Stallion out, she was looking a lil thirsty. But once she met Megan, I think she calmed down a bit."

Alyssa sucked her teeth. "Okay, Meg. I just don't understand these deals you getting from these strangers."

"Well you set me up with one-" Megan reached into her Coach clutch and retrieved her phone. "Hello?"

"Yo, Miss Thee Stallion." A man's voice boomed.

"Who this?"

"Tyrone," he said. "I'm emailing you the track to give the DJ. You work tonight?"

"Nah, boo."

"Oh word. Tomorrow, I'll be at the club to support and of course hand out my shit to the people. I'll see you."

"Okay." Megan hung up the phone and placed it back in her bag. "So, I got the answer if you wanted to know about your little crush, Ty."

"I don't want him, I just wanted to know if he needed another act for his banger," Alyssa said.

"He's coming tomorrow to the club, so you can ask him then."

They walked to the BBQ spot after checking out their items at the store. Megan spritzed the new perfume she had on her neck. Underneath the California sun, she was excited to be getting these new opportunities.

"Aye, shawty."

Megan and Alyssa turned around. Kehlani was looking fine as hell since her hair was nice and curly. She was smiling and the smiley piercing was gone. She was wearing a nice fit of sneakers and Raiders gear. Megan nibbled her bottom lip looking down.

Alyssa raised an eyebrow. "Who the fuck you catcalling?"

"Lyssa, chill. This is Kehlani Parrish."

Alyssa's face immediately changed. "Oh shit. I never really saw you in person. I thought you'd be a little taller."

Kehlani laughed. "I'm sure everyone has only saw me when I have full face and the bundles. But, this is how I'm looking when I'm getting vegan tacos from across the street."

Megan smiled, trying to relax herself. Though she was fine, she never really geeked over people. But, Kehlani in her casual glory? She wanted to be a simp on the spot. "I've seen you hung over before."

"Man..." Kehlani laughed, blushing a little. "What y'all up to?"

"Getting some BBQ from Trent's...wanna come with?" Alyssa asked. "I know Megan would love to have you."

Megan swatted Alyssa playfully before rolling her eyes.

"I would love to, but unfortunately, I'm vegan." Kehlani placed her hands in her pockets. "But, if you tryna meet up later, there's a party that my girl Hayley's holding at one of Tyler's clubs. I think it's the Cherry Bomb."

Alyssa widened her eyes. "Party? Will there be fine niggas?"

"The finest," Kehlani answered, laughing. "It's a VIP type of thing, but you can get in just by saying you know my entire government."

"Which is?" Megan asked.

"Nobody knows this, but just say you know my middle name is Ashley." She smirked. "Also, you look good. It's a chill type of party."

Alyssa grabbed Megan's arm. "Can we go? Please?" She leaned in. "I know you want to. I see the way you're staying."

"That Teyana girl not gonna be there, right?" Megan asked, trying to seem uninterested.

Kehlani shook her head. "Nah, shawty. You don't gotta worry about that."

"You keep calling me shawty as if I'm not taller than you," Megan said, looking down at her, trying to assert a little dominance. Unfortunately, Kehlani didn't waver at that. She just kept on with that little smirk on her face. "We'll be there."

"Good," Kehlani said. "And I'm only calling you shawty cause you finna be mine...."

"I'm a player," Megan scoffed. "I don't think you can handle a woman like me, boo."

Kehlani just chuckled as she walked to the food truck across the street. Alyssa turned to Megan and began giggling. Megan rolled her eyes as she shrugged Alyssa off of her arm. " 'I DoN'T ThInk YoU CaN HaNdle A WoMan Like Me BoO," she mocked Megan. "Ma'am..."

"Well, she can't. She got a fragile heart."

"I don't know, Meg...it seems like she gonna be the one to turn you out."

"Whatever," Megan sighed. "You was shit talking her....can we go in and eat. I really am famished."

"Okay," Alyssa laughed. "I can tell you really just wanna see her at this party."

"Ain't nobody worried about that damn party."

"Mmhmm."

"Girl..ain't nobody want Kehlani ass."

"You say this but watch how you get later on when you see her again. You gonna be feeling some type of way when you see her."

"Shut up."