3.

The next week flies.  I have been packing and looking for a new job, both of them are hard task because I still didn't figure out what I want to do or where I want to work. Keeping myself busy has helped me not to get stressed over being jobless. My parents thought me from very young age importance of savings. You never know what will happened, money can help with loads of things in life, money can sort out most of the problems, my mam used say to me. I'm so happy I listened her, because thanks to my savings I can start over in my new place and make it my new home and afford not to work for couple of months.

Despite everything what happened I miss my old job. Alex and I worked in restaurant called Posh. He has been the chef and I was a waitress. I loved the job, the money was good, the tips were even better, the manager and staff were lovely. So many good memories I have from there.  The best part of it is Monica, she started to work there month after my start, we hit it off immediately and are friends since then.
After Alex said he didn't love me I rang the manager and quit the job on the  spot. She understood, she knew, everyone knew, I didn't.  I wouldn't be able to face him every day. The humiliation and embarrassment i rather avoid. I don't like to torture myself so there was no other option for me just to quit the work and draw a big line to let all of  it behind me.

My phone rings and unknown number is flashing on the screen.

''Hello?''

''Hi Hazel, is Eric." I listen hopeful. "I have contract ready for you. I have time tonight or Saturday morning to meet you. You can sign it and I will give you keys.'' He is rushing the words out, like he is walking or running at the same time.

Smile spreads across my face. ''Hi Eric, how are you? We can meet the Saturday morning if that is ok with you?'' I say excited.

''Perfect." He says. "What about nine in the morning outside the building?'' He asks me, not bothered that he must meet me on Saturday morning.

''I will be there. Thank you. Have a nice night." 

''You too.'' He chuckles into the phone.

I hang up and touch my head. Have a nice night, Why the fuck did I say that.

Packing is hard, i came to these place with four boxes and all off the sudden I have forty. Too many things need to be thrown out, some will go to charity, but what to do with things Alex left behind I have no idea. I ring Monica and April and ask them if they are still on to help me move out, when they agree, I know I'm sorted to start my new life, make it better, make it different.

Over the last few days I have been online shopping. I ordered my new bed and mattress. Now I need to ring them to organize delivery for Saturday to make sure they will come to my new address not the one on the bill.  April was selling her sofa, I bought it of her. She only had it for a few months but is too big for her place, so she wanted to get rid of it and get smaller one. I love it, so it worked well for two of us. Rest of the things I will buy once I settle in the place and see what I need.

*****

 ''Hey beautiful, we are here.'' I hear Monica screaming from behind the door.

I open the door and she has her hand on some man's arm.  ''This is James my old friend. He is the man with the van I told you about. James will help us to move you.'' She winks at me.

Yes yes I know what this wink means, no need to say anything. ''Hi James. Nice to meet you and thank you for coming to help me.'' I leave the door open so they can come in , I see April six feet behind them rolling her eyes at Monica. 

April scans the living room where are all boxes stock on top of each other. ''Who wants a coffee ?" Monica asks.

"I think I will need double espresso to get through this morning.'' I laugh when April says her request, because she is addicted to coffee and can't function without it, especially at seven in the morning.