20.

I can't recover because he turns to face me, places his hand behind my neck and gives me another kiss, this time is gentle. ''I'm sorry about this. I didn't know she was coming.'' He says with his fingers going through my hair. ''It's ok Eric. She made it clear on the charity night she wants you.'' Evidently, she didn't lie. 

''Make yourself comfortable, Lunch is ready.'' I take a seat on ivory sofa  placed on the right side from his desk. Eric places two plates filled with burger and chips on the oak coffee table in front of me. ''I meet David outside the lift, he looked very happy.''  I say hoping to hear something good about our friends sexship. While placing cutlery and drinks on the table Eric looks at me. ''Hazel he is in love.'' I leave out heavy breath. ''Thank you.'' He smiles and sits beside me. ''For what?'' I turn my head to face him. ''For the good news.''  It's seems more serious than Monica described to us but there was no time to talk about them yesterday. I will question her tonight.

''How is April?'' He asks taking bite from his burger.

"She could be better.  I don't understand people, especially men. He led her on even when he knew he is getting married. It's not fair on her, and on top of that he told her he loves her. He was playing her the whole time." I'm sad thinking about it. He takes my hand into his. "Hazel not all men are like this." I lift my eyebrows. "Show me one good one. "

He smiles and points at himself. "There are few." He says, "I will never hurt you." All men are good at the begging, some last good for week, some for months until they are not good anymore. 

We change subject to talk about work. He tells about project he has been working on in Miami. It's easy to talk to him and more time we spend together, more interesting he becomes. I don't know how one hour is nearly over and I have to go back to shop. "Eric before I leave this is for you." I hand him flowers in paper cover. They are bright and beautiful just like him. 

He looks surprised, "Thank you.'' He kisses me. ''I never got flowers before.'' I giggle he looks happy. ''This happens when your friend owns a flower shop.'' I wish I was more than a friend after our night.

''I hope I can take my girlfriend on proper date soon.'' He leans into me and kisses me; every movement of his lips is making me forget everything and get lost in him. I hear some voices outside his office, I break the kiss and move back. 

''Thank you for lunch.'' I'm blushing and I don't like it because it's shows I can't control my body reactions around him, but he called me his girlfriend. Happiness is filling all of my inside and soon it will show on the outside.

He smirks, he knows he affects me very much. ''Thank you for coming.''

I nod, turn around and leave his office as fast as possible. I like him very much but deep down I'm still scared that all of this is fantasy made up in my head. No one never kissed me like him, he makes me feel special, I feel like I want to take step back instead moving forward. With April's break up everything is coming back up, my biggest insecurity trust. I hope I'm not wrong about him.

***

Rest of the week is same routine. Shop, April's house, run back home in the morning, orders, flowers and loads of ice cream. When Saturday comes, I finally relax, we can take it easy over the weekend. I have shop closed for Sunday, hopefully I get to lie in tomorrow. I get to April's place I'm shocked, she looks happy, showered and dressed to impress. Her apartment is clean and fresh. ''April what happened, are you ok?'' She sees me, smiles and hugs me in return. ''I'm fantastic my friend.'' She squeezes me hard.
''Tell me fast what happened to you.'' She lets me go and sits on the sofa and pats place beside her. I follow her lead. ''You did this.'' She moves her hands up and down her body. I'm very confused now. ''I don't understand.'' I shake my head waiting for her explanation.