Chapter 59- I'm Going Home Now!

My car pulled up to the arena as my phone started ringing.

“I’m pulling in now,” I told Kerri.

“You better be. I’ve already pushed the sound check back as late as I possibly could,” Kerri informed me.

“I’m here. Just give me a few and I’ll be in there,” I said before disconnecting the call.

I exited the cab and immediately saw Kerri waiting for me.

“Where have you been?” Kerri asked me as we started walking into the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater.

“My flight out of Nashville was delayed,” I told her.

“I figured you would have Bridget with you,” Kerri said.

“I haven’t heard from her since the incident yesterday at Vandy,” I admitted to Kerri.

“Since you brought it up, what am I supposed to do about all of that? Luke, were you even thinking?” Kerri asked me.

“Kerri, I didn’t care. I want my marriage to be back to the way it was. I want to turn back time and not go on that bus and let Maggie ruin everything,” I confessed.

“Well, that’s not possible, Luke. You just have to move forward from here on out,” Kerri told me, “They’re waiting for you.”

“I know,” I sighed while handing Kerri my phone, grabbing my mic, and heading out to the stage for sound check. It all went good, but I know I just wasn’t into it. I was going to do my best to put on the best show tonight. Even if it was all a big act. When sound check was over, I started towards my dressing room and saw Kerri smiling.

“What’s up with you?” I asked Kerri curiously.

“You have a voicemail,” Kerri smiled as she handed me my phone.

“I don’t really want to talk to anyone. Can you just take care of it?” I asked her while trying to hand her my phone back.

“Will you just trust me and check your damn voicemail?” Kerri asked rhetorically, refusing to take the phone.

“Fine,” I told her as I unlocked my phone and went to check my voicemail, “It’s from Bridget.”

I smiled. Probably the first real smile in days. I walked into my dressing room before I actually checked it.

“Luke, I’m so sorry for everything. I will be in Saint Louis tomorrow night before the show is over. Save me my chair. We can talk after the show. I love you,” Bridget cried.

“She’s going to be here tomorrow!” I shouted as if there was someone in the room with me.

“What’s going on?” Kerri asked as she peaked into the door.

“Bridget will be here tomorrow. She’s going to be here. Make sure her chair is there for her tomorrow night,” I shouted in excitement.

“I’ll make sure her chair is put out tomorrow night,” Kerri smiled at me as plopped down onto the couch.

“I’m going to take a nap. I was up all night working on something for Bridget,” I told her.

“Luke, you haven’t slept? What were you thinking?” Kerri asked me,

“I was thinking about getting my wife back,” I said, “I’m laying down.”

“Alright,” Kerri said as she closing the door.

The peacefulness of that moment was more than I ever dreamed. I had two hours before I would have to get up and be ready for the VIP and the Meet & Greets. It was just a matter of minutes before I was drifting off to sleep.