Chapter 66- Happy 1st Birthday, Keegan & Kinley!

Today is the day. Keegan and Kinley turn one. Bridget and I have a full day planned. Family time in the afternoon, which includes everyone from Jason and Brittany to Momma to Daddy and Kaye to Lee and the kids, and this evening we were having a birthday party for them that would include some close friends. And after the party Black Mike is going to upload the latest LBTV. I can’t wait for Bridget to see it. I’m so completely excited that I wasn’t able to sleep. The last time I had a child turn one, which was Tate, and I missed it. I tossed and turned in the bed all night and by the time the sun started to peek over the horizon I knew I would have to get up soon.

“Would you just get up already?” Bridget said in an aggravated tone.

“I’m sorry. I’m just really excited,” I apologized.  

“Go downstairs, Luke. I would like to sleep while I can,” Bridget said groggily.

“Why aren’t you in a good mood?” I asked my wife.

“Because my babies are turning one already. It seems like just yesterday we were in the middle of a snow storm trying to get to the hospital,” Bridget answered me, “I’m not ready for them to be a year old already. And because I was up until two this morning getting the house cleaned and everything ready for today.”

“Was it really that late when you came to bed?” I asked her.

“Yes. And I swear to my all, Luke, if you get out of bed and completely destroy my house I might just kill you!” Bridget informed me.

“It’s not just your house, ya know?” I said rhetorically, which was not the best idea when your wife has had minimal sleep and has just pretty much threatened your life. The next thing I knew I was being pushed out of the bed, landing on the floor, flat on my ass.

“Get out!” Bridget yelled at me while pointing towards the door, “Go before I do something I regret!”

“Yes ma’am!” I exclaimed as I got up and headed towards the kitchen.

I started a pot of coffee and decided that I would make me a bowl of cereal while I waited. I grabbed a bowl, the milk out of the fridge, and the box of Coco Pebbles out of the pantry. The second I started pouring the cereal, Bo and Tate came running into the kitchen, knocking the box out of my hand. Coco Pebbles went flying everywhere. Bridget is going to kill me.

“Why are you running in the house?” I asked the boys as they ran in circles around the table, completely ignoring me, “Bo! Tate! Quit running!”

“Daddy, where’s Momma?” Kenzie asked as she came into the kitchen only to step in the mess of Coco Pebbles, slipping, and taking the entire gallon of milk along with her. I just put my hands to my face in disbelief.

“Shit!” I screamed before trying to help Kenzie up off the floor, “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” Kenzie choked out while she laid in the middle of the floor laughing hysterically. All of the sudden out of nowhere she flung a handful of soggy Coco Pebbles at me.

“MaKenzie Raye!” I screamed, but before I knew it the boys were joining in. I just stood in the middle getting pelted by hands full of milk soaked cereal screaming at the kids at no avail.

“Kenzie, Bo, and Tate! Shower now!” Bridget yelled as she walked into the kitchen causing the kids to stop dead in their tracks. She was still in her pajamas with her hair looking all a mess and fury in her eyes. I knew she was mad. Mad at me. Mad at the kids. Just flat out mad.

“Yes, ma’am,” all of our kids said at the same time with their heads hung down.

“Now! Move!” Bridget shouted getting the kids to move a little quicker, “And you better clean your mess up in the bathroom too!”