Chapter 97- The Nuthouse Fan Club Party

"Daddy, can we go to your fan club party?" Bo asked as I poured my first cup of coffee.

"No. Not this year, maybe next year," I told my son.

"Daddy, please," Bo begged me as he stuck out his lip and gave me the dreaded puppy dog face.

"The answer is no. I'm going to be running around all day and I'll be home all day tomorrow. We can go fishing. You're going to stay with Tia today," I informed my son.

"That's not fair," Bo said as he plopped down at the kitchen table, crossed his arms, and rolled his eyes at me.

"You better lose that attitude quick. I'm not going to deal with that this early. I don't even know why you're out of bed," I informed him.

"Good morning," Bridget said as she walked into the kitchen with a smile on her face.

"Good morning yourself," I told her as I walked to her and kissed her.

She smiled at me as I went back to the table and sat down across from Bo. Looking back at Bridget I realized that now was the best time we could announce her pregnancy. She had started to show a few weeks ago and it had drove her insane that she wasn't able to go anywhere or do anything. She was already dressed and ready to go. She wore a perfect blue tank top that hugged her ever expanding belly just perfectly, a pair of khaki shorts, and a pair of strappy silver sandals. Her hair was down and flowing around her shoulders beautifully. Her curls were evident today, more so than normal. I absolutely loved her curls.

"Why are you staring at me?" Bridget asked as she walked over and sat down next to me.

"I can't stare at my wife?" I questioned her, full of sarcasm with a complete smile across my face.

"Momma, can I go with you today?" Bo asked Bridget.

"Thomas Boyer Bryan, what did I tell you? I told you no, didn't I?" I answered him with a question before Bridget had a chance to respond.

"You're daddy said no. And what does no mean?" Bridget questioned our son.

"No means no and if daddy says no then don't go ask you because no means no," Bo frowned as he got up out of his chair.

"That's right," Bridget said, "Now, go on upstairs and play. And don't wake anyone up!"

"Yes, ma'am," Bo said as he exited the kitchen.

"You are going to have to tell me how this has came about," I said to my wife.

"I'll explain later," Bridget told me, "I just want to get out of here before Kinley gets up. She's been attached to my hip the past few days. I'm just anxious to be able to get out of this house."

"I'm ready whenever you are," I told my wife as I got up putting my coffee cup in the dishwasher.

"Let me grab my purse and we can go," Bridget said as she poured her coffee into a travel mug and filled it up.

It was moments later when we were loading into the truck and heading into Nashville. It was six in the morning when we were cruising past the 5th Avenue entrance to the Country Music Hall of Fame where the fans were lining up to get in. Thankfully we were in Bridget's truck. They surely would have recognized mine. We pulled into the parking garage and walked through the corridors to get to the CMA Theater hand in hand. I didn't want to let her go, but we had to get everything set up so I left Bridget in my dressing room with her coffee and her Kindle.

"Hey Luke! Where's Bridget?" Paula asked me when I rounded the corner.

"She's in my dressing room reading something," I told her.