Chapter 28- Father's Day

Chapter 27- Father’s Day

“Baby, did you call us a car? I really just want to crawl into bed,” I asked Bridget as we were walking through the airport.

“This way,” Bridget said as she pulled me towards the terminal for private planes.

“Where are we going? The exit is this way,” I stalled her.

“Luke, just come on!” Bridget told me.

“Where are we going?” I questioned again.

“This way,” she said. Bridget the smart ass is here.

“Ugh,” I groaned, “I want to go home and go to bed.”

“We’re not going home tonight,” Bridget informed me.

I stopped walking and looked at Bridget. She was smiling with her little mischievous grin. “What do you mean we’re not going home tonight?” I questioned her.

“Just come on! They are waiting!” She shouted at me while pulling me towards a terminal.

We started walking down the terminal which lead us to a staircase. At the bottom of the staircase Dierks and his wife, Cassidy stood about 100 yards away from his plane. I was in total shock. How did Bridget pull this off?

“How did you do this?” I asked Bridget.

“It’s amazing what I can find in your phone,” she smiled.

“Been going through my phone?” I asked her playfully. I don’t care if she goes through my phone, I have nothing to hide from her and she knows that.

“Kind of. Dierks texted you while you were doing your thing a few days ago and I answered him. This is the result of the conversation we had,” Bridget answered me gesturing towards the plane.

“Oh! Where are we going?” I asked for the third time.

“That’s a surprise,” Bridget said as she leaned in and kissed me lightly.

“I should have known the second Bridge pulled me towards the private plane terminal you were involved,” I said to Dierks as I shook his hand and greeted him with a slight hug.

“As always, right?” Dierks laughed.

“Always. So good to see you Cassi,” I told Dierks’ wife as I lightly, but appropriately kissed her cheek, “Beautiful as ever.”

“Why thank you, Luke,” Cassi told me.

We all went and loaded into the plane. It was just a matter of minutes and we were being cleared for takeoff. I watched out the window as I reached over and grabbed Bridget’s hand. This was probably the biggest surprise I have ever gotten and I still didn’t know what the surprise was. I spend the entire flight holding Bridget’s hand and trying to figure out what she had up her sleeve. We were in air for a little over an hour when I saw the ocean.

“Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport, this is SR22T, in route from Nashville, requesting permission to land,” Dierks said across the radio.

“SR22T, You are cleared to land,” A man answered back.

“Panama City?” I questioned Bridget.

“Yes. The kids are already here visiting with your mom. Tia brought them down yesterday,” Bridget answered me, “And everyone else is down too. Your dad and Kaye, my parents and sisters, Lee and the kids.”

“You sneaky little thing!” I said as I leaned in and kissed her as the plane started to descend towards the runway.

“Did you tell him yet?” Cassi asked Bridget.