Chapter 78- Whiney, Complaining Luke

This feels like it has been the longest day of my life and it's only nine in the morning. Luke tossed and turned all night. Every time I woke up he was whining about the pain he was in. I swear if they would just sedate him for the next few days I don't think I would complain at all. He's acted like a big baby since I put him in bed last night. I can't get him to take his pain medicine for the life of me.

"My arm hurts," Luke complained for the fiftieth time in the past thirty minutes.

"Then take your meds and go lay down," I told him.

"I don't want to sleep all day. You know just as well as I do that those meds will knock me flat on my ass. How am I supposed to help you with the kids when I'm in bed asleep?" Luke asked rhetorically.

"Right now I really don't care if you sleep all day. I can handle the kids by myself. You have done nothing but complain since you've been out of bed. I'm tired of it already," I informed him.

"Well, aren't you just a loving, caring wife right now?" Luke questioned me.

"Luke, I love you to death. You know that, but when you whine and cry because you are hurt it drives me insane. You act worse than the kids," I told him.

"I'm sorry," Luke apologized.

"Just take your meds so you can be better," I urged him as he finished his coffee.

"Can I have another cup of coffee first?" Luke asked me.

"Yes, bring me your cup," I answered.

"Did you go into Nashville yet?" Luke asked me.

"No. I'm waiting for the kids to get up. Well, actually just Jordan," I told him.

"Why Jordan?" Luke questioned me as I sat down at the table next to him giving him his coffee with a cup of coffee of my own.

"Because she can help Tia keep an eye on the kids," I told him.

"Momma, I don't feel good," Bo said as he came walking into the kitchen.

"What's the matter, baby?" I asked him as I pulled him onto my lap.

"My belly hurts," Bo said as he laid his head down on my shoulder.

"I've got to go to Nashville here in a bit. Let me see if I can get you in the doctor," I told him, "Go sit on daddy's lap for a minute."

Bo got up and I helped him into Luke's lap before going into the other room to call the doctor's office. Luckily they had an opening in an hour, but we needed to leave soon. By the time I made it back to the kitchen Jordan, Til, and Kenzie were all sitting at the table with Luke and Bo.

"Come on, Bo. Let's get you dressed so you can go to the doctor," I said as I picked him up off of Luke and started packing him to his room to find some clothes.

"I'm going with you," Luke said as he followed me.

"No, you stay here. I've got this," I assured him.

"No, I want to go. I don't want to be here by myself," Luke insisted.

"Fine, but if you start whining I swear I will leave you there. You can whine to them," I informed him.

Luke didn't say another word, he just went to our room to find some clothes and get dressed himself. I found some clothes for Bo and got him dressed and sent him downstairs to wait. As I was on my way to the bedroom to check on Luke I heard him yell.

"Bridget!" Luke screamed as if he was in sudden, excruciating pain.

"What is it? Are you okay?" I asked as I ran into the bathroom.