Teenage Dream

The Sun Goes Down, The Stars Come Out

And All That Counts Is Here And Now

Our Universe Will Never Be the Same

I'm Glad You Came, I'm Glad You Came

Toby had said it to them first, of that they were sure.

It was Brian that was graced with it first and foremost. Toby's birthday had come around once more -- twenty one; ah, the good old days, Tim had remembered 'fondly' -- and of course Brian couldn't just do nothing. So he woke up early as he had done previously, happily baking away in the kitchen quietly while the others slept away the morning quietly.

He enjoyed baking, really, and cooking in general. No one else seemed to mind, and even seemed to prefer it when Brian cooked (most everyone else, save a lucky few, burned food at best and set the kitchen on fire at worst; leaving Brian one of maybe three people allowed to cook solely because they wouldn't burn the kitchen down). He didn't mind, and it at least gave him a little 'job' to do when he wasn't out doing more unsavory things. Plus no one would question why he was up this early nor why he decided to start baking.

It wasn't until around eight that Brian heard heavy footsteps come down the stairs just as he opened the waffle maker -- ope, damn! Not enough pam. Brian sighed, scraping the failed abomination out of the contraption onto a plate just as Toby tiredly entered the kitchen.

"M-Mornin'," the ticking killer yawned, rubbing his eyes as he almost inadvertently veered to Brian by the stove; head landing on the other's shoulder as he bumped up against him.

"Morning," Brian chimed, a smile growing on his face as he finally got all of the bits and pieces out of the machine.

Toby lightened up instantly -- arms wrapping around Brian before he could set the plate on the counter beside them, lips pursed as he looked to Brian; trying to act 'seductive'. Brian tried his best not to laugh.

"That's for me, right?" Toby asked while wiggling his eyebrows. Brian lost his composure then, laughing quietly as he offered Toby the plate.

"Sure, take it," he nodded, grinning wide.

Toby squealed, giving Brian a quick peck on the cheek as he took the plate away and quickly shuffled towards the fridge. It was only when the door was wide open and he was balancing the butter and syrup as well that Toby gave what sounded like a happy squeal.

"And it's blueberry, too!" Toby said all too happily as the fridge door slammed shut and he shuffled towards the table. "You're the best! I love you!"

Brian almost spilled the batter as he poured more into the waffle maker, frame straightening instantly as a large grin of pure happiness became apparent on his face. If Toby noticed, he didn't show; happily eating away at the food before him as Brian stared back at him, expression soft.

"Love you, too," Brian was barely able to reply above a whisper; Toby giving a hum in response as he ate merrily.

Brian couldn't stop smiling even after he ruined three more waffles because he kept forgetting the pam. But Toby still enjoyed them anyway, and that was all that really mattered to him.

***

Tim was second, and although Tim was slightly disappointed he wasn't the first one, he wasn't truly upset. He still loved the ticking killer regardless.

It was late; most, like Brian, were passed out in their beds if they weren't already out and about on their nightly rounds of what have yous. Said hooded man was pressed firmly against the wall, covered head to toe in blankets and looking all too cozy as he slept. Tim, like most nights, found himself unable to sleep. This, of course, meant Toby was unable to sleep.

This was sort of how they ended up on the free side of the bed, Tim sitting with his legs flung over the side and Toby curled lazily around his waist. Tim hadn't meant to bring out the Ukulele, but once he had Toby had all but pleaded with him to play something. And so, two hours later, Tim strummed lazily at the worn out strings occasionally tuning the instrument when needed. Toby seemed to be enjoying listening to Tim play as he himself was wrapped comfortably in his own mass of blankets if the lazy grin adorning his face was anything to go by.

He, for once, was lulled into a state of quietness and calm as he listened; something quite rare for him. Maybe it was the music, or the simple fact he was surrounded in calm that made him this way. Regardless, it didn't stop the occasional smile Tim shot the drifting brunette as he quietly played.

"Hey, T-Tim?'

Toby's voice cut through the quiet like a butter knife, Tim jumping slightly as he looked to Toby. A frayed hand was placed gently on his back, moving soothingly even as his mind quickly eased itself from the thought of potential threat.

"Hm?" Tim replied softly, lowering his instrument slightly.

At first, he thought that perhaps Toby had fallen asleep mid thought, or that he was simply talking in his sleep or something. Instead, Toby seemed to search the fibers of Tim's jeans before looking up to meet his gaze.

"Is it t-too soon t-t' say I love you?" Toby asked almost too innocently.

"No," Tim chuckled, the word escaping his lips before he even had time to think about it; hand removing itself from the Ukulele to cusp Toby's cheek. Toby hummed, pressing into the touch quite happily as his smile widened.

"That's good," he hummed sleepily as his frame slowly began to shift until he was half sitting up with one arm as a support; yet Tim's warm, calloused hand never leaves its gentle touch on his face, "'c-cause I do. L-love you, I mean."

Tim responded not with words, but by gently pulling the other's face towards his until their lips met. Toby sucked in a small breath in surprise before relaxing against the touch. They only separated when air became needed, Toby's face turning a dark shade of red as he stared sleepily at Tim. Tim smirked.

"I think it's time for bed," Tim muttered, setting the Ukulele on the floor beside the bed and moving to help lay down properly.

Properly was now, of course, half on Brian as Brian shifted in his sleep, arm instantly curling around Toby's boney frame as his head relaxed against Brian's chest. Tim flicked the bedside lamp off as he, too, crawled properly into bed; under several covers as his legs pressed against Toby's, arms wrapped around the ticking killer's chest while he allowed his head to rest against Brian's shoulder. Brian muttered something in his sleep, tossing his head around until his nose was pressed firmly into Tim's slicked back hair; inhaling deeply, Brian sighed quite happily.

Tim smiled at the feeling, at the warmth radiating off of them as he felt himself slowly grow tired to the point where his eyelids weighed down like bricks. Yes, if he was told second, that was quite alright. Tim knew he was still loved regardless; and for that, he was grateful.