Dude Looks Like A Lady

Tea parties were quite a regular occurrence in the household when one or both of the youngest residents were at home. It was also quite common for whoever else was 'at home' at the time to be roped into the tea party as well. And considering they were under the Operator's good graces, it was ill advised to say no to Sally or Lazarus without good reason (even Jeff found this out the hard way). So it was no wonder that anyone who was anyone could easily found with the girls at least once during their 'rest periods'. Especially Toby of all people -- and Hoody on rare occasions, of course.

Tim had finished yet another marathon of another show Jane had all but begged him to watch before finding that lazing around on the couch was rather boring. Toby had long since decided spending time with the girls was a far better way to spend the day (and saving everyone else from potentially being forced to spend time with them; Tim swore he could keep those two girls occupied for literal days on end with just a paperclip) and Brian to mull about in their room finishing laundry. Tim supposed he could annoy Brian some. Besides, he wouldn't mind the help, Tim knew.

But, rather surprisingly, Brian wasn't in their room. The laundry had been finished, however a few small neatly folded piles lay on the bed. Curious, Tim entered the room; carefully putting the clothes away while trying to visibly figure out where Brian had gone. He hadn't heard anyone enter or leave the house, nor had anyone been in the kitchen. Brian would have at least said hello had he gone into the kitchen anyway. So Tim, befuddled, left their shared bedroom and headed towards the far end of the short hallway. Childish giggles laughter could be heard through the cracked open doorway as Tim approached.

"Hey guys," Tim called, rasping on the door lightly, "have you seen Brian?"

"Nah," came Toby's reply, "but we got Hoody in here!"

Tim smirked, rolling his eyes as he slowly opened the door -- and then paused, blinking at the sight before him.

It wasn't unusual for Laz or Sally to actually dress the part for their tea parties. They'd gotten quite a few frilly dresses as presents from Christmas pasts. Jane and Natalie had even bought a few for themselves, if only to dress up and play pretend (and probably relive the childhood they never got; but Tim was never the one to question them about it). It also wasn't unusual to find Toby wearing one dress or another that was more suited for prom. Like now, in a way navy blue dress with short sleeves with frills on the end and regular attire sat neatly on one of the girl's beds. It wasn't that Toby liked cross dressing, per say (though he did look damn good in a dress, Tim had to admit). 

What was surprising, was the fact that Hoody was sat at the table between Laz and Toby, a rather sparkly looking light green dress adorning his frame. Granted, he'd put it on over his normal attire of jeans and a hoodie and still bore his face mask. And he seemed to be taking it quite well (though it looked odd when put on over all those clothes). While Brian was certainly a person who didn't care what other people did to themselves, Tim would have never imagined him of all people in a dress like this -- much less Hoody. It took a long moment of Tim staring confused at the hooded figure before he even realized he was even being talked to.

"-- looks nice, doesn't he, Tim Tam?" Lazarus was asking. Tim blinked and shook his head before responding.

"I -- uh, yeah, I guess," Tim said, still standing stock still in the doorway. "I, uh -- how'd you even get him in that?"

"Oh, I wanted to!" Hoody signed. "Sounded fun! I want tea parties more often!" Both the girls and Toby began giggling as Tim blinked again.

"You -- you do know you have it on wrong, though, right?" he asked.

"That's what I tried to tell him!" Toby laughed. "But he wouldn't listen!"

"But it still looks good!" Hoody signed.