Finale Part One

It wasn't ever Brian and Tim's intention to go back to Rosswood. Ever. But the Tall Man had given his orders, and they were seemingly unallowed to say no. They would have rather not brought Toby along for the trip, not have him see their breakdowns waiting to happen. But Slender had assured that his man power was needed for this little excursion, and so they promptly obliged. Toby knew very little of their pasts; Marble Hornets was a phrase rarely thrown around, Rosswood a place they were from and Jay and Alex simply names given in passing with no real background as to why they were important in the first place. But Toby never poked or prodded even though they knew his past quite well, and for that they were ever grateful. But they supposed that he had to learn sooner or later; they were just so unsure of how to proceed telling him about it, about their strife and losses. But they figured they would find a way.

The car ride to Alabama was a long one, and rather silent at that. Brian still sat in the back with Toby for the majority of the ride, rarely ever letting him out of a death grip he likely didn't realize he had on the younger Proxy. But Toby didn't mind. If that's what comforted Brian on the way there, that was fine and dandy by him. Although the car ride was eerily silent, he supposed it could have been worse.

Their hotel room was one located not too far outside of town, one that likely held the minimal amount of people that would recognize them. It was dingy and seemed run down, but for the price and location it was fair. Two twin beds sat in the dimly lit room, however one primarily kept their bags as they piled onto the other. It was a tight squeeze, but they would manage. The wifi was good, at least; otherwise Toby would have been bored out of his mind as he lay awake, nestled between the other two as he scrolled lazily through his phone to check out the area (he really didn't need to, as Brian and Tim both likely knew the area really well regardless; but he figured he'd check it out just in case he got lost or something). There was a college, a few historical sites, even --

Ooo, a park! With the light slowly cresting over the horizon and Brian and Tim likely sleeping well into the later morning or even early afternoon due to their inability to sleep upon arrival that would mean that Toby would have a few more waking hours to himself, so perhaps traversing the area on foot might give him a better idea of the town itself. And this park, with a few abandoned buildings, wasn't too far from where they were -- with the buildings being promising Moot Points, meaning it'd be easier to get back here if they so choose. So Toby just couldn't say no to a little adventure.

After carefully prying himself from the other's grasp and dressing himself properly (although reluctantly ditching his goggles as well as hatchets in favor of a pocket knife to not stand out as much), Toby left a note for Tim and Brian letting them know he was out exploring and to call his phone if they woke up, the young ticking teen quietly made his way out of the room and hotel to try and find this park.

The streets were overall quiet and barren, and Toby was happy for that. He could tell even just entering the state that most of the people here didn't seem too friendly to outsiders; and judging by the odd looks, scowls and grimaces he got whenever they stopped at gas stations, people were really weary of Toby and his 'conditions'. His face mask surely didn't help, however it probably would have been a lot worse for him had he not worn it. He understood he would likely be the least suspicious out of the three while they were in Rosswood as he wasn't from there and was less likely to be recognized, so he just hoped he wouldn't get himself into too much trouble.
The walk itself took about a half hour in the mild Alabama fall, with the sun slowly peeking above the horizon -- and no phone calls from Tim and Brian as of yet. Toby checked his phone -- just after six in the morning.

They likely weren't up yet, or simply supposed Toby would be returning shortly. Hah, jokes on them.
The park itself was quite nice, what with the trees already changing colors. Toby hummed as he took in the sight, before quite merrily entering the wooded area. He always liked walks in nature -- especially in the woods. They were usually a quiet and peaceful place, and he remembered as a child how he used them as an escape from his home life when Lyra was no longer -- in the picture. They were a safe haven, a place where he wouldn't be bothered by the outside world (at least, not often). Why would Brian and Tim even hate a place as beautiful as this? He wasn't sure, but he supposed they had their reasons.