Drunken Shenanigans Pt 2

And he thought Brian was bad, being the soft, gushy type when consuming alcohol. Nope, Tim was far worse. If Brian was soft and gushy -- Tim was a downright comedian. Tim tended to be the more serious, almost dad type -- he hated when everyone else referred to him like that, but that seemed more like a him problem -- so seeing him overtly goofy and charismatic was, well, strange if Toby was being honest. But not a bad strange. No, this was definitely a good strange. A very good strange.

“Heeeey,” Tim drawled as he half stumbled, half plopped onto the couch beside Toby and slinging an arm around his shoulders. “Come ‘ere often?”

“Tim, I live here, too,” Toby snickered, nose scrunching up. Tim stared at the floor for a long moment before nodding (almost seriously), causing Toby to snicker more.

“Well -- uh,” Tim slurred before his eyes reverted upwards, a brow raised in some kind of attempt at -- something, “wanna go out?” There was a hiccup from Tim as Toby finally couldn’t contain a laugh.

“We’re already dat-ting, st-stupid.”

Tim’s face instantly contorted into confusion, and he stared at Toby for a long moment before leaning forward slightly -- arm still around Toby and making him lean forward as well with a long laugh.

“Hey, --” hic “-- Brian!” Tim half called into the kitchen, where Brian could be heard clinking around. Said man poked his head out of the doorway, looking confused. “Why didn’t you --” hic “-- tell me we were dating Tobes?” Brian rolled his eyes.

“It was your idea,” Brian laughed as he retreated back into the kitchen.

“Oh,” was Tim’s quick reply as he finally leaned back, taking a giggling Toby with him -- only to again be suddenly jerked forward, earning Tim a screeching laugh as he hollered, “C-can you bring another --” hic “-- drink while you’re in there?”

“Yeah,” Brian sighed as Tim leaned back once more, if only due to Toby’s persistence as he giggled against his frame.

As Tim rested against the couch one last time, he found himself with Toby’s legs slung around his lap; head nestled into the crook of his neck as he relaxed in Tim’s grip. Tim hummed, arms wrapping around the other a little too tight. Toby found himself not minding as much as he should be. But he supposed he would rather this than -- certain people who he liked to not think about. At least the bastard was long gone, a faint memory covered by more recent, more loving ones.

Like now, as Brian settled beside them on the couch and moving Toby's feet as so they were slung across his own lap as he offered Tim his drink. A sip was all that was needed before it was taken by Brian once more to be placed on the coffee table; Tim seemingly too distracted by the weight in his lap to even care about holding onto the drink, much less actually drinking it. The television flashed and droned on with whatever show they had been watching. But Toby found himself too warm and secure to care, head lulling into Tim's shoulder as he gave a content sigh.

Yeah, maybe this wasn't too bad after all.