Is This the Real Life?

The house was overall quiet today; Brian and Toby having set on whatever 'mission' the Operator had laid out for them and not set to return until the day after next. Tim might have gone with them if not for the fact that Slender had not requested such of him. It was quite unusual  for all three of them to go on one together unless the man power was needed, and by the sounds of it -- it merely seemed to be a Siren of sorts, of which Hoody at the very least would not be enamoured by; they had learned this from their previous encounters with one, which made things far easier for them in the long run -- Tim was not needed. Besides, someone needed to be with Toby at all times, and during their little quests where only two of them were needed, it was better if Toby joined one of the other two rather than leave him at home alone, if only for his mental state. Besides, Tim rather needed the alone time. And that meant he got the bed to himself for a few nights. That's not to say that's where he was now, of course.

Sally and Lazarus lay on a blanket based pallet on the living room floor, lying on their stomachs as Spiderman: Far From Home flashed on the television screen. Much to Tim and Brian's delight, most of the household rather enjoyed the Marvel Cinematic Universe if only for nostalgia's sake; and it wasn't too hard to get the girls into it either. Spiderman seemed to be their favorite with Black Widow and Scarlett Witch in a close second (they wouldn't stop talking about the new Black Widow movie once the trailers hit, begging anyone to get Disney+ as so they could watch it once it finally hit; Brian had naturally caved and done so, though he hadn't told them yet and wanted to surprise them once the movie did come out). They were at least entertained for a while as they giggled and spoke quietly about whatever was going on in the movie, Tim all but having zoned out even while feigning to watch it (he'd seen the movie a hundred times now at least due to them, so he was sure he wasn't going to miss anything important). At least, that's what he was trying t' do --

Until there came a stomping down the stairs, followed by more stomping, a raised voice and a slamming of a door followed by another and then even more stomping down the stairs. While this didn't disturb the girls, Tim quickly snapped from his tranced state to gaze at the incoming footsteps. Jeff practically jumped from the stairs, only stopping to first look at the television screen and then to Tim with a look of annoyance.

"Morning, ass face," Jeff grunted before making his way into the kitchen, with Liu finally making his way down the stairs while rubbing at his eyes.

"Language!" Tim scorned with a glare.

"Oh, fuck off, knuckle head!" came the curt reply. Liu rolled his eyes before looking back to Tim with a rather solemn look.

"Sorry," Liu muttered as he made his way to the couch to plop down on the couch. "You know how he is." 

"Doesn't make it any better," Tim sighed, "and it's not like it's your fault, so - meh." Tim shrugged.

"Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that I still feel responsible for the as-- butthead," Lou sighed, Tim chuckling at the way the other corrected himself. At least he knew better.

"Hey Masky!" Jeff called in an annoying voice as he spoke Tim's alter's name, the fridge door slamming shut. "We're outta milk!"

"And that's my problem, how?" Tim asked, now sounding more annoyed.

"I dunno, Masky, it just is!" 

More noise could be heard as Jeff presumably tried to find something else to eat for his 12 pm breakfast. Tim rolled his eyes as he tried to stare back aimlessly at the television.

"Hate that name so much," Tim rumbled, earning a confused look from Liu.

"Why'd you pick it, then?" he asked, half turning to Tim.