Babysitting

( I should note here that while the Proxys do kill humans, compared to other fanfics/fandom as a whole, the Proxys in my universe only have a small amount of human victims; like they only maybe make up one percent of what they kill. Why? Well, because unless he has a specific reason to have the Proxys do it, why wouldn't he just kill the humans himself? I plan on elaborating more as well as giving you an insight as to what they actually kill the majority of time in my universe in the last chapter of this, however that won't be for a bit. Likes and comments are much appreciated! )

Toby had been gone for a few days at most; another human objective among their usual, more unsavory jobs having been given to Toby in the process. It was getting well towards dinner when he heard the front door open and Toby shout his greetings as he entered. Brian naturally and quickly prying himself from Tim's grasp as they lay in their shared bed with Tim reading away to go and greet their boyfriend after returning from such a long and tedious endeavor. Tim could only smirk, deciding to finish off the chapter he was reading before joining him.

It was a good twenty or so minutes before doing so. Tim was greeted with harmonic laughter as he trotted down the stairs -- and Brian standing near the base, looking into the living room with a hand over his mouth as he watched whatever was happening unfold. Upon hearing Tim approach, Brian turned only to quickly motion Tim to join him before returning to his watching. Confused, Tim quickly moved beside him --

Only to be greeted by Toby in the middle of the living room, a babe no older than a year before him on a blanket as Toby did a mirrade of funny looking dance moves, the babe laughing heartily at him alongside Nat and Jane, who's laughter was almost uncontrollable, was also there; though wether it was because of Toby or the babe's laughter, one couldn't be too sure. A smile quickly grew on Tim's face as he watched, somewhat mesmerized, as the scene unfolded before him. It took a moment before Toby noticed Tim had even joined Brian in watching him.

"Oh, hey Tim!" he said happily with a wave. "You wanna see something really funny?"

Tim could only nod enthusiastically as the girls tried to quell their laughter, Natalie practically begging for Toby to stop before she pissed herself from laughter.

Turning back to the babe, who's laughter had also somewhat quelled, only for Toby to give his best, cartoonish-like villainous laugh with his head thrown back -- to which the babe tried it's best to mimic, even throwing its head back. This caused Jane and Natalie to screech with laughter that the babe quickly joined in on. Tim instantly grabbed his knees as he doubled over with laughter at such a sound, only doubling ten fold when Toby again did the laugh, and again the babe attempted to mimic it, it's laughter shriller than before. Yet Brian still stood, hand over his mouth with his eyes trained on Toby with an odd glint in his eyes and a smile beneath his hand.

It took a long moment for the laughter to quell, Toby having fallen on his ass in front of the babe with his own laughter.

"I hate you so much," Natalie managed as she wiped a few years from her eyes.

"Bullshit!" was Toby's reply as his gaze shot to Nat. "I'm funnier than hell!"

"Language," Tim chuckled as he composed himself, half stumbling over to Toby and the babe, only to whisk the child into his arms and earning a screech of laughter.

"Tim, it's like, a year old," Jane assured as she stumbled from her chair. "I don't think it'll pick up on that just yet."

"Still," he mused as he bounced the baby in his arms. Toby used Tim standing so close so stand, grabbing onto his legs to pull himself up as he still giggled like a maniac. "You think we have any food it can eat?" he went on to ask as he moved to the kitchen; Brian's eyes only leaving Toby to watch Tim closely before he disappeared into the kitchen.