Treehouse Adventure

The fort had been Toby's idea (and Hoody's, though he was just backing Toby up moreso than it was an idea of his) to built a fort or tree house of some kind in the woods closest to the house, while still being just out of sight to make it feel like it wasn't a part of the house itself. Tim was reluctant, especially considering anyone other than themselves, Sally, Lazarus and BEN would be the only ones able to use it freely without needing a chaperone of some kind. But he relented -- if only because Brian and Toby, with the help of Natalie and Liu, had already 'found' -- or rather, stole -- some lumber and brought it over via one of the Moot Points. So, he figured, why not? What was the worst that could happen?
Apperantly, Toby nailing his hand with the nail gun was the worst so far.
It'd been almost finished where they had it fairly high up in a tall tree a few yards into the forest; no bigger than your average bedroom and built atop branches while encircling the tree so it's trunk was at the center of the little abode. Two windows adorned the longer walls, with the means of entrance in the floor and a rope tied to the tree trunk inside the tree house to use to climb up into it. The varying colors of wood they used (as Brian figured the owners of the lumber yard were less likely to expect anything fishy going on if they grab a few different kinds of wood rather than a bunch of pieces of the same type) make it stand out quit easily among the trees, and the somewhat slanted roof was still a work in progress --

When Toby had accidentally nailed the center of his hand. It took a moment for anyone other than Toby to realize, considering Toby couldn't feel pain and therefore felt no need to rush since he saw it as unimportant and simply waited for someone to rescale the rope with wood to add to the roof. Brian was obviously livid he didn't say anything when he realized it happened, and getting his hand unstuck from the wood -- of which was slowly being stained with blood; a fitting addition really -- without further hurting the hand before half rushing him back to the house without much thought of leaving Tim and the other two to finish off the job.
"It's not that bad, really!" Toby tried to assure from his spot on one of the metal 'medical' tables in the makeshift med bay that was their basement.

"You even said I didn't hit a bone!"

"Doesn't mean you didn't hit a vein or something, Brian huffed, nearly slamming down the box of medical supplies onto the table next to Toby in worries annoyance "and hitting one of those is way worse than hitting a bone."

Toby frowned, brow furrowed. Yet he still offered up his injured hand when Brian silently asked, removing the now bloodied cloth that had once been a part of Brian's shirt that the dirty blonde had used to keep it from bleeding too badly. Though Brian hated to admit as he better cleaned the wound with solvent and a far cleaner rag that Toby was in fact right when he had quotes him. The bleeding had at least slower and, while the nail had completely pierced through to the palm of his hand, didn't seem to hit anything too major. He was just glad Toby couldn't feel any of it.

The nail took some time to remove, Brian not wanting to injure the wound further before better cleaning it and placing antibiotic ointment on either side of the hand. Although quickly absorbing the blood that still slowly leaked from the wound, the bandage bore little of it the more Brian wrapped it. Returning some of the supplies back to the box after he finished, he gestured a few different types of medication for the swelling and what not (not like he really needed it for the pain, after all), Brian promptly returned the box back to it's resting place before turning back to Toby.

"You really need to be more careful," Brian sighed, somewhat deflating as he made his way back to Toby. He happily slid into the outstretched hands as he neared, Toby all but shoving his face into Brian's stomach as Brian stood in between his legs. "I know you can't feel the pain and all, but you could get yourself killed accidentally just by not realizing you're not hurt. Just like --"

"The gunshot wound?" Toby finished, moving to look up ar Brian while resting his chin where his face had been. Brian nodded. "I'm sorry. I don't mean t' make you and Tim worry."
"I know," Brian sighed, giving a quick kiss onto the other's forehead, "just - be more careful, yeah?"

"Yeah," nodded Toby.

Brian sighed again, leaning slightly over to rest his forehead. If an accidental nail to the hand was the worst he was going to have to deal with in the long run, Brian supposed as he happily accepted the offered kiss from Toby, he guessed he could let it slide.

***

The tree house came along rather nicely. It only took four more days on top of the three they'd worked to fully complete it, but it was nice. It could easily fit four or five people comfortably while sitting or somewhat crouching down, and perhaps give across if laying down. Granted, anyone but the aforementioned people were unable to use it unless they had a Proxy with them -- but neither Toby nor Hoody minded the spontaneous visits when asked to go along with someone.

Tim was just glad they had a place to get away from everyone else if need be, if not for more -- fun times. Then again, Tim mused one night as he and Brian sneakily dragged him to the treehouse while Toby was out on a mission, anything they seemed to do anymore seemed fun and exciting compared to his old life. And for once, Tim couldn't quite find himself complaining.