Midnight Snack

All Brian wanted was a cup of water, having woken up in the middle of the night with his mouth drier than the Sahara. While Toby was sprawled lazily in the middle of the bed in a deep sleep, Tim had been nowhere in their shared bed or room. Probably up to use the bathroom or something, Brian presumed.

The dirty blonde crept quietly down the hall and down the stairs, listening for anything that might hint towards anyone else other than him being awake. He seemed to be in the clear thus far -- until he stopped himself short of the kitchen doorway. While the light was off, it was obvious by the sounds of quiet grunting, cursing and shuffling that someone else was surely in there. Somewhat confused, Brian continued his journey, flipping on the light as he went and --

“Tim, what’re you doing?”

Tim’s hand partly slipped on the bowl he was so close to grabbing from the highest cabinet shelf; one leg hanging slightly off the counter with the other doing it’s best to keep him straight and upright on the counter as he did his best to reach his goal. Tim’s head whipped around at the voice, eyes wide in surprise as he froze like a deer in the headlights even with Brian’s obviously bemused smile. Tim’s eyes darted around the kitchen, as if looking for an answer, before responding.

“Uh, nothin’. Just gettin’ a bowl.”

“You need help?” Brian asked, crossing his arms and leaning against the doorframe.

“Nope, nope. ‘M good.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah. Positive.”

Sure enough, Tim quickly returned to struggling for the item in question, fingers  just barely brushing the bowl he was attempting to reach. Brian smirked, watching from his spot in the doorway as Tim tried and failed repeatedly to get the bowl. Finally, after more than a few minutes of trying and failing, Tim sighed; forehead resting against the bottom shelf of the cabinet and hand resting on the second.

“Want help now?” Brian asked with a smirk.

“Yeah, please,” Tim drawled as he peeled himself from the counter and side stepped as Brian trotted over.

“Could’ve just gotten a chair or something,” Brian snorted, leaning on the counter for support as he reached up for the bowl -- and completely missing Tim as he leaned back as Brian leaned forward, staring at Brian’s ass for a tad bit longer than needed with a goofy looking grin.

“Didn’t feel like explaining why another chair got busted while I was on it,” Tim snorted as he was handed the bowl and the cabinet quietly shut. “Have you seen my gut lately?”

“Please, Tim,” Brian joked -- though there was sincerity in his voice, that Tim was sure of -- as he moved to another cabinet and produced a cup, “you’re not fat and you know it.”

“My gut and appetite say otherwise,” Tim replied with a chuckle, patting his stomach and earning both a snort from Brian and a light thump thump the hand produced before turning to the fridge.

“Yeah, well,” Brian went on as he joined Tim at the fridge swiftly, “you know me and Tobes love it. More places for our heads. Warmer, too.”
Tim let out a yelp as Brian gave his side a light pinch, almost dropping the milk he had begun to pull out and giving the other an angry pout. Brian’s shit eating grin doubled at that look.

“Love you,” Brian spoke more innocently than anything, giving Tim a quick peck on the forehead before scuttling to the kitchen sink to fill his glass.

Tim could only roll his eyes, pulling himself from the fridge with milk in hand and setting his bowl on the kitchen table alongside it to retrieve the cereal from the far cabinet.
Surprisingly, Brian gave Tim a confused look as Tim sat himself at the table after putting his little 'meal' together at the table, full glass in Brian's hand as the man made to return to bed.

"What?" asked Tim, mouth partly full of food as he gave the other a questioning look.

"Aren't you coming upstairs with that?" asked Brian.

"But I thought you said no fo--"

"Just c'mon, you idiot," Brian chortled as he disappeared through the doorway and up the stairs. "I can let it slip one time!"

Tim practically made a mad dash behind Brian, nearly forgetting his bowl in the process as he glided up the stairs and behind Brian into their room. Toby still slept soundly, albeit he was now fiercely cuddling one of their larger pillows as his lanky frame lay almost sprawled out in the middle of the bed. He was finally starting to put on some weight at least, Tim noted as he carefully sat on the edge of the bed; Brian trying to awkwardly find a place against Toby's back after depositing his glass on the nightstand. Toby had been well underweight when he'd first been brought in, and it took some coaxing and reassurance that he in fact was not fat, that the voices were wrong in their reasoning -- as well as getting him to eat something other than waffles -- before Toby finally started filling into his frame. Toby still felt self conscious about himself and his weight, though the constant reassurance from Brian and Tim -- especially Tim, who was often in the same boat about his weight as Toby was -- seemed to help his mood improve.

"Surprised he didn't wake up," Brian murmured as he rested his head on Toby's shoulder, giving a half smile to Tim. "Usually does if we're not in bed with him."

"Only cause he wants the warmth back," Tim snorted, spoon clinking quietly around in his bowl.

Toby shifted slightly in his sleep, muttering something intangible as he nuzzled his cheek into his pillow while clutching the one in his arms tighter. Brian hummed, hand gently rubbing the other's side. That seemed to make Toby sigh, body laxing after pushing himself lightly back into Brian's frame. A lopsided smile appeared on Tim's face then and, food forgotten as he sat it on the nightstand, pulled himself back into bed; scooting in as close as he could to Toby until he was right against the cuddled pillow.

"Really?" Brian asked with a raise brow as Tim settled. "All that work to get that bowl and you don't even finish it."

"What?" Tim pouted, resting a hand on Toby's hip. "I think this is a little more important than cereal, Brian."

Brian had already given a slight nod in agreement when Toby, still well beyond the waking realm, shot a hand out suddenly towards Tim, seemingly searching for something before firmly grasping onto his nightshirt as if to further validate Tim's claim. There was a moment of brief silence before Toby gave what could only be called a sigh of contentment, shoulders laxing as his head jutted forward until it bumped gently into Tim's. A large smile crested said man's face, free hand moving to run through long, curly locks.

"He needs a haircut," Tim mused absently. "Think he'll let us do that tomorrow?"

"Maybe," yawned Brian before nuzzling his face into Toby's neck. "But it's sleepy time, now. So go back t' bed if you aren't gonna finish your food."

Toby made an odd sound as Brian's lips moved against his bare akin, but did not otherwise wake. Tim smiled, looking momentarily at his forgotten bowl before deciding that no, he could always eat more later. He pressed himself firmly against the pillow between them, head resting so close to Toby's he could feel the other's breath on his face; one of Brian's hands quickly covering the one that was latched onto Tim as sleep seemed to overtake him once more.
Yeah, Tim could always wait til morning; Brian made the best breakfast anyway.