Slumber Party Gone Wrong

It was late when Brian awoke. He lay there for a long moment staring at the ceiling, trying to figure out exactly what had woke him up. He turned his head to the right; Toby laid sprawled in the middle of he and Tim, with Tim on his side and his back to them. Toby was snoring away happily, albeit Brian could feel a hand gripping a wad of his shirt rather tightly. Brian chuckled as he began surveying the rest of the room -- and he paused at the giant mass laying at their feet.
Brian's brow furrowed as his body momentarily went rigid in mild fright. At this point, he had been expecting to wake up to something not human trying to eat him, and his still sleep-addled mind went straight for the worst. Yet as his brain quickly woke from fright, he realized something --

Sighing, Brian sat up and patted the large Husky-looking dog on the side. Smiles huffed, head rising as he seemed to glare at Brian like he was mad he was being woken up. He looked pretty comfortable, at least.

"What're you doing, dude?" asked Brian quietly as to not wake the other two. "You know Tim doesn't like you on the bed."

Smiles quietly whoo'd back at him -- surprisingly as quiet as he'd spoken. He forgot how smart the demon dog was, sometimes.

"Oh really?" Brian replied.

Smiles whoo'd twice.

"I think you're lying."

Smiles grunted, standing and stretching while verbally "complaining". Brian tried not to laugh as he quickly clamped a hand in the dog's mouth as it rose to a higher, much louder pitch -- but it was already too late.

Tim shifted as he awoke from the ruckus, moving to balance on one elbow to look around the room quizzically (and Brian trying not to laugh upon seeing how wild his now unkempt hair looked) as if trying to figure out what had woke him. He finally turned his head to look back at Brian, and jumped as Smiles half plopped over on the bed with a disheveled grunt while trying to get away from Brian's grasp.

"What the hell," Tim grunted as he turned the lamp on the bedside table on. Toby was, naturally, still passed out while taking up most of the bed. "Who let him in here?" Tim asked as he sat up, rubbing his eyes.

Brian had finally released Smiles' snout, and the demon dog instantly sat up and turned to Tim, now 'verbally berating' Tim as he twisted his upper half so he was half lying on Toby. Sometimes Brian wished they had some sort of translator to understand what Smiles was saying. They'd known he'd had that type of ability when luring victims, however that only ever seemed to work when actively hunting them. Anyone else such as the residents of the house, it seemed, weren't affected by such things. Brian hoped it was because the dog liked them -- or at the very least, liked Toby enough.

"Would you stop," Tim huffed as he tried to push the dog away and off of Toby, though Brian could easily tell he was struggling. All the while, Smiles was still verbally berating and complaining quite loudly. "You're not even supposed to be on the bed. How'd you get in here?"

Toby chose to wake up then, half glaring as he tried to stretch -- then seemed to realize there was a mass of weight throwing itself around on the bed.

"Smiles!" Toby whined -- and quickly earning the dog's attention. "What I'd say? Now you got us both in trouble!"

Smiles whoo'd loudly twice, half jumping and fitting what he could of his upper half onto Toby's legs and burrowing his face into the comforter on top.

"Really?" Tim groaned. "Toby, I -" Tim sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I thought I said he couldn't come in here cause Jeff keeps busting on unannounced to get him?"

"Jeff's not here t'night!" Toby quipped as he happily began scratching the canine. Smiles once again flopped onto his side, lying on Toby's legs. "So he can't bother us!"

"But on the bed?" Tim practically whined. "You don't know where he's been! And don't know when he's had a bath last!"

"Yesterday, actually," said Toby sheepishly.

Brian chuckled as he tried to shimmy back under the covers and lay back down. It was rather hard with over one hundred pounds of fluff now laying on top of the blankets. Smiles gave a disgruntled sounding whoo, as if confirming what Toby had said.

"Really?" Tim asked, annoyed. "That's what you were doing in the bathroom all day?"

"Only took a couple of hours to wash him, really," Toby huffed. "Surprised he'd had all that fur like this, honestly."

"In all fairness," Brian grunted as he rolled onto his side to face the other two -- and Smiles, "Jane wouldn't let Toby leave the bathroom until it was spotless. I guess Smiles was really dirty."

Smiles lifted his head to give another whoo, as if to voice his complaint about the bath. Tim rolled his eyes. He seemed to relax slightly.

"Fine," huffed Tim, "he can sleep on the bed for one night -- one! But never again, I swear!" He proceeded to poke Smiles on the nose once. "And you'd better hold it if you won't wake us up to let you out."

Smiles gave another short succession of whoos as he laid his head down. His tail wagged slightly. Toby giggled.
"I think that's a yes," said Toby as he shimmied under the covers. Tim rolled his eyes.

The light was quickly turned off as Tim made to join them. Smiles wasn't quite through, however. Once all three men were situated, the large husky looking dog grunted and stood up. Tim shifted but otherwise did not react. Toby lifted his head to state at the dog as it shuffled towards the head of the bed, feet carefully landing in the empty spot between Toby and Tim. There was barely any room to stand in, much less to lay in.

And then suddenly Tim was being shoved to the floor by the mass of fur as Smiles dove into the thin, empty crevice. His body and force going down had forcefully shoved Tim out of bed -- a feat not even Toby had been able to achieve, and his thrashing was rather forceful. Smiles was quick to take over Tim's previous spot, even going so far as to roll onto his back as his tail lazily wagged and he began to "talk". Brian couldn't -- or wouldn't -- contain his laughter as Toby half laid on Smiles to peer over the edge of the bed at a rather disgruntled looking Tim.

"T-Timmy," giggled Toby. "Y-you ok?"

"Yeah," Tim grunted as he sat up while rubbing his head. "Peachy keen."

Smiles let out another string of whoos and other odd noises, but didn't move from his spot. In fact, he seemed to make a show of stretching and taking up as much room as possible.

Tim noted as he moved to try and fight for his spot back, that Smiles would no longer be allowed in the bed after this. Not did he like the idea of getting a dog any time in the near future.