Down With the Sickness Pt 4

Alright, so maybe he should've been more careful when tending to Tim and Toby when they'd come down with the flu. Not too long after Tim had finally recovered -- Toby had yet to, but seemed close to it; at least, he wasn't throwing up or coughing and sneezing as much -- Brian had suddenly came down with a fever and a sore throat. A few days later, he'd been awaken with a sudden nauseating feeling that quickly turned into full vomiting as he rushed himself to the bathroom before he could make a mess of himself or the floor. So, of course, it was Tim's turn to play care giver, as well as isolate himself to the couch as the two sick men stayed in the bedroom. Only -- he seemed very awkward about the whole ordeal, as if he didn't quite understand how to go about it. Fair enough, Brian had mused; his mother probably hadn't been the best caregiver growing up whenever little Tim was sick (something that saddened Brian extremely), and that was when her son wasn't in some mental institution. So Brian simply went along with Tim's best, acting ever the grateful no matter how much he might have accidentally messed up his 'duties'. Speaking of which --

The door to their bedroom slowly creaked open, causing Brian to flutter one eye open curiously. From his place on the bed spooning a still sleeping Toby -- granted, one leg was wrapped around his waist, as the ticking killer kept wanting to exit the bed to go join Tim on the couch or what have you, so this was the best way to at least wake Brian to scorn him if he did -- he could see Tim cautiouly peek his head in. Assuming they were asleep (it was rather dark out, the bedroom light off), Tim crept his way in, shutting the door behind himself with a plastic bag in hand before tiptoeing towards the bed.

"Tim?" Brian asked hoarsely while lifting his head in the process as the other man stopped at the nightstand to start unloading the bed -- and causing Tim to jump in the process.

"Jesus, Brian," Tim whispered in reply even though a smirk appeared on his face, "warn a guy when you're awake, yeah?"

"Who else d'you think it'd be?" Brian snorted in reply as Tim began to unload the bag's contents -- two one liters of Sprite, some NyQuil, some pain medicine and….. gummy bears?

"Toby trying to get me to come to bed," chuckled Tim as he crumpled up the bag quietly and stuffing it in his jacket pocket for later disposal. "Don't really need to get sick again. I swear, whatever we come down with, he mutates and makes it ten times worse."

"You got that right," Brian chuckled as he let his head fall back onto his pillow. "I swear I feel so much worse than you did. Don't think I've been this sick since I was a kid."

As if hearing his name in his sleep, Toby tossed and turned slightly in Brian's grasp before his head finally lifted, eyes squinted as he surveyed his surroundings. Finally, his eyes landed on Tim -- and his arm shot towards him, making a grabbing motion with his hand as he whined.

"Oh, no!" Tom chortled as he took a step back from the bed. "I am not getting sick again!"

"But Tim!" Toby practically keened with an added hiccup. "I need all the cuddles!"

"That's what you have Brian for!" Tim said with another laugh. "And like I said -- I am not getting sick again! You make all diseases, like, ten times worse!" He moved to exit the room as he spoke to let them sleep, however --

"Will you at least play something on your Ukelele to help me get back to sleep?" asked Toby begrudgingly as he sat up, rubbing his eyes. 

Even Brian's head poked back up at this, obviously piping his interest. Tim paused at the door, hand just grasping at the handle -- before sighing in defeat and quickly shuffling back towards the bed. Toby gave a delighted squeal, which quickly turned into a coughing and ticking fit. Brain shot up then, rubbing soothingly at his back as Tim motioned the well used bottle of cough syrup towards them. He knelt down and began looking under the bed as Brian poured him a cup and helped it down it, before Toby gagged upon finishing it and quickly grabbing one of the Sprites and downing that just as quickly.

"Dear Jesus, you're gonna need to piss like a racehorse later," Tim chuckled as he finally retrieved the instrument and sat on the bed, albeit as far away from the sick duo as possible.

"Meh, so long as I don't throw it up again," Toby shrugged as he sat the now empty bottle on the nightstand as Tim began tuning the Ukelele. 

Brian gave an agreeing nod, earning a whine from Toby as he half forced the other to lay back down in their original position. Tim smirked and, seemingly happy with his tuning, strung a few of a strings. He suddenly smirked after a moment.

"Hey," he chuckled as he half turned to the other two, "you remember how Jeff said he'd be impressed by this thing when I could play Megalovania on it?"

"Oh no," Brian faux groaned as Toby began to giggle.

"Hey, I only really got the opening down," Tim defended as he began to play quietly. 

Sure enough, he had gotten down that part tremendously well -- albeit pausing before he got any further than that and strumming random cords once more. Toby was still a giggling mess as he pushed himself back into Brian, of whom sat his chin atop the other's fluffy hair. The dark blonde's eyes were now closed, however, seemingly more content than he was acting out to be.

"Could be worse," Tim mused as he looked back to them with a raised brow.

"How's that?" Brian muttered without opening his eyes. 

Tim gave a devilish smirk and began playing a rather familiar tune more meant for an electric guitar. And then, almost surprisingly, he began to sing -- if not goofily as he did so.

Whoa, Black Betty! Bam Ba Lam!

Black Betty Had a Child,

Damn Thing Gone Wild!

She Said, "I'm Loosin' My Mind!"

Damn Thing Gone Blind! Bam Ba Lam!

Said, Whoa, Black Betty! Bam Ba Lam!

Whoa, Black Betty! Bam Ba Lam!

Almost instantly both Brian and Toby erupted into giggles, with Toby's turning into coughing laughter that then turned into a coughing fit as he began hitting at the bed with an open palm; twitching and jerking in Brian's grasp even as Brian held onto Toby as best he could in his own laughing fit.

"Why that song?" Brian asked, the question elongated as he threw his head back onto the pillow and attempted to stifle his laughter in order to catch his breath.

"Cause it's a masterpiece, Brian," Tim jokingly scoffed as he finally stopped playing in favor in order to let the other two catch their breaths. 

Toby motioned for the second Sprite after a few moments and being able to at least calm down, which Tim happily passed.

"At least you're not playing, like, Lady Gaga or something," Brian mused.

"I can do that," Tim said menacingly as he snuck a glance towards him -- and causing Toby to practically choke on the Sprite he was drinking, some spraying slightly out of the hole in his mouth as Brian quickly grabbed the open bottle from him so he wouldn't spill it.

"Alright," Brian chuckled as he retrieved the cap from the bed and put it on the bottle as so it wouldn't spill everywhere, "either play an actual song or go away so we can sleep."

"Black Betty is an actual song, thank you kindly," scoffed Tim -- yet he still turned and began to play a much quieter, less rock induced song nonetheless.

Brian snorted as he reached over to set the bottle on the bed side table, hand momentarily resting on Tim's side before curling around Toby once more. At least Toby seemed to relax then, head falling back onto the pillow all the while staring at Tim's back with a rather loving look; the look going unnoticed by Tim as he strummed at the cords and quickly turning it into a familiar song.

If this was Tim's way of being a loving caretaker, Brian thought as he slowly felt sleep come upon him once more, he found that he couldn't complain all that much. At least Toby was all happy over it, and that was really all that mattered to him -- that they were happy, and that made him all the happier for it.