Not Just Any Citizen (Natasha X Male)

You stared at the picture on your bedside table, smiling. The picture was nothing special, just a lady posing and pretending to be a model in a park, but it meant the world to you. It wasn't even supposed to exist, but she wanted to let you know she was okay and safe.

That was a year ago. Today, you were meeting up for the first time in months. You got dressed in ripped jeans and a black shirt (that said 'I'm an Avenger') then drove to the cafe you were meeting at. The lady was already waiting with a cup of coffee when you showed up.

"Nat, you're always early. Let me be first one of these days," you whined jokingly, wrapping your arms around her and kissing her cheek. She set her coffee on the table and hugged you back, leaning into your chest. "I'm not earl, my love. You're just late," Natasha Romanoff replied. You kissed the top of her head. "Psh. I'm never late."

"He says after showing up 10 minutes after our planned time." The two of you laughed. An hour later, Natasha opened the door to your apartment and laid on your couch. You couldn't help but think she looked like a queen.

Nat pushed herself against the back of the couch and pat the cushion space next to her. "Y/N, come here." You laid beside her, wrapping your arms around her petite, yet strong, body. "I missed this. Just laying around with you, like a normal citizen instead of running around being a hero all the time," she mumbled into your shirt. "Well, I'm not really 'just a citizen,' remember?"

You felt her head move from your chest and looked at her face. Her green eyes were full of confusion. "What do you mean, my love?" A smile covered your face. "I'm your husband, remember? Duh." Natasha pressed a soft kiss to your lips; neither of you pulled away so you just lay like that. "How could I forget?"  She mumbled, her lips not leaving yours. You closed your eyes and sensed that she did too. "I don't know. But I'll always remember it. I love you, Nat."

"I love you too, Y/N." 

The two of you drifted off into a peaceful sleep, arms wrapped around each other.