Request #3: Wrong Birthday, Right Friend (Tom Holland)

A friend IRL requested this for her birthday. She wanted it to have me, her, and Tom, but I'm editing it so you're in instead of her. I'm changing some details about me, as well. Like my name, school, and place of residence. I think I'm just gonna use places I've seen/once lived in. Please enjoy!

Also, I'm 100% sure this story is burning garbage, but oh well.

Prompt: Tom goes to our school and all the girls (and some guys, no hate) are in love with him, except for me and you. We quickly befriend him, but you realize you like him more. When it hits my birthday, we all go to his house to celebrate. Highschool AU. 

Key: Bold text is Tom POV. Italic is mine. Normal is yours. (It's gonna be a little confusing at the end, sorry!) (Also, please don't get mad later. I pretty much call anyone who lets me do it 'love.' Simple fact.)

--------------------------------------

Story set up: Tom Holland, done filming movies so he can finish school, moves to Fayetteville, NC. He is assigned 2 guides to show him around, and have classes with him. They are sent to the office to wait for him, neither aware of his identity.

Y/N POV

You looked to the side, at the boy in jeans and a white dress shirt. He was your best friend, Cooper. "Do you think the kid's gonna be nice, or one of those jerks that's only nice in front of adults?" Cooper shrugs. "Five bucks says they'll be weird," he says. 

"You're on, bro." Your heads turn as the door opens, then Cooper lets out a strangled gasp. It takes you a second, but when you see the kid, you squeak.

It was Tom Holland.

Tom POV

Two kids are sitting in the office when I arrive. One of them was clearly a (pronoun), but the other I couldn't tell. The one closest to me (I've never seen anyone under 40 in a waistcoat, but they pull it off) makes a weird noise when they see me, and the second one squeaked. The closer one stands, offering me a hand. I shake it. "S-sorry for the reaction. I'm Cooper. You can- you can call me Coop."

With a nod, I say, "Sorry, I can't tell. Are you a boy or a girl, or...?" Cooper laughs. "Boy. I'm genderfluid, but just always assume male unless I say." I nod, then turn to the other one. "Hi." He/she/they stand up, waving. "This is my friend, Y/N. Definitely someone you need to befriend." Y/N laughs. "Coop, I don't need a wingman. You're Tom Holland, right?" Smiling at both of them, I nod. Honestly, I was expecting requests for pictures, or autographs, so this is way better.

"Cooper's half right. I need to befriend him, too. Both of you are really cool," I say. None of us can stop smiling as I get my schedule.

Cooper POV

It didn't take me long to get over Tom being, well... Tom. The same couldn't be said for other people at school, though.

"It's like watching vultures fight over a carcass," I hear. I turn my head and grin; it's Y/N. "Hey, love. Nice outfit," I greet. It's just ripped jeans, and a t-shirt under a leather jacket, but it still looks pretty sick. Total killer of a look is how I'm gonna describe it to my sister later.

"Coop, N/N, help meee!" Tom cries over the heads of girls trying to get his number. We laugh and walk over. "Alright, ladies, move out! No use asking out a taken man!" Y/N yells. The girls leave, but I see Alice, one of the 'mean girls,' glare. "He's definitely not with you," she sneers.

"I don't feel like getting grounded, so I'm gonna pretend you didn't just talk to Y/N like that in front of me," I retort. Tom looks at me, a look of agreement on his face. I'm pretty sure he likes Y/N, who says, "That's ominous."

"And true. C'mon, Tom said we're having the party at his place, remember?" I Turn to him. "Your mom here yet?" He nods, and the three of us walk out to his car. The passenger window rolls down, and his brother, Harry, grins at us. "Back seat today, losers."

"Dibs on the middle."

"You need help, Coop," Y/N says.

"Hush, you." I open the door and let Tom in, then get in after him. After Y/N is in, his mom hands me a bottle. "Present from your dad." I take the bottle and sigh. "I guess I am taking my pills in the morning. Fun."

"You're like a grandpa, dude."

"I will punch you in the nose, Tom."

Y/N POV

At first, Tom's siblings were with you, but as it got later, his mom made them leave. For some reason, Harry kept making faces at you while he was there, which was weird. "Okay! Let's play truth or dare," you say. Tom shrugs, setting down his soda. "Sure." Cooper tossed his phone onto an air mattress before walking over and sitting next to you on the floor. (yes, all three of us are in the same room. There's this thing called the honor code, where you respect each other and shit. Don't judge me, person who reads reader inserts.)

"Tom, you start. You are host, after all," Cooper says. He nods (after glaring at Coop for a second- probably cursing his logic), and looks at you. "Fine. N/N, truth or dare?"

"Da- no, tru...no...yeah! Dare!" He thinks for a second. "I dare you to kiss my brother on the cheek! HARRY!" Harry ran in. "What? What do you-"

You fell over laughing at his reaction. "Oh God! Your face!" Tom laughed. His brother punched him in the arm. "I hate you." The actor shrugged. "Yeah, and? Your turn, Coop" 

Cooper grins demonically, making you frown. That look was not a good sign- chaos typically followed it. "Y/N, truth or dare?"

"Why me, dude? Tom is here too, you know," You say, then answer. "Truth."

Cooper POV

"Do you like Tom?" I ask, grinning when my friends blushed. "Nevermind. Dare."

"Okay. Kiss Tom, then."

Y/N POV

You looked up as if to glare at God, then back at your friend. "I-"

Tom cuts you off. "It's fine... I didn't brush my teeth this morning, so.... yeah. You wouldn't want to kiss me any-"

Before he finished, you jumped up and slammed your lips into his, knocking him onto his back. "Sorry. A dare's a dare." You look over at Coop and raise an eyebrow. "You're a slick shit, you know that? How long have you known?" Tom is still under you, staring at you like a kid would a candy shop. "Always. You guys suck at hiding it. I'm going to brush my teeth. You two work things out."

Tom POV

When Coop came back, I was on the opposite side of the room as Y/N, but we were both grinning. "You get the bed tonight, birthday boy," I tell Coop. He looks down at his phone and grins. "I may get the bed, but you get the Y/N," he quipped. We all smiled at that. "I guess I did. Night, you two."

"Night loves," Cooper says, turning off the lights.

"Night, Coop. Thanks for the boyfriend." I smile into the darkness when Y/N speaks.

"Anytime. I am your wingman after all."

Y/N POV-12 YEARS LATER

You smiled at Tom. "I do." 

"Alrighty then. I now pronounce you married," Coop said. He was the makeshift priest at your private wedding, which couldn't have been better. The weather was perfect, and everyone invited made it. You even got to meet the Avengers cast. "Aw, look at the lovebirds. So cute," Sebastian said. You threw the flowers up, and started to laugh when you saw who caught them- Cooper, the one person who was 100% dead set on never being married. "Oh, no. Y/N, I hate you." His partner laughed, taking the flowers. "We can just date for life, Coop."

"Thank god."

You attended his wedding a year later.