I Live For My Sister (Peggy Carter + Male)

"I'm done," you spat. Peggy looked at you like you were being an idiot. Maybe you were, but at least no one else would die. "Whatever do you mean, Y/N? We need you," she said. "No. You need someone like Steve. Not someone like me, who's the reason we lost a hundred good men!"

"This is war. Men die," she shot back, but you noticed her flinch. "Yeah, wel, I'm done. Bye." You slammed the resignation forms on her desk, then stormed out. Don't look back. Don't look to see if she- Your shirt was pulled from the middle of your back. "Y/N. Y/N, please." The voice of Peggy Carter shook, something it never did. Slowly, you turned around. 

She swallowed. As you waited for her to speak, you prayed she wouldn't try to change your mind. Not because you were worried she might, but because you knew that she could. You were her big brother, the one who encouraged her to enlist and prove everyone that laughed at her wrong. No one knew you better. "Y/N." You nodded. "Don't go. I can't be alone in this."

"Peggs. Don't you understand? If I stay, you will be alone. I'm one bad day away from being shot," you said softly, cupping your little sister's cheek. "I'm not letting you lose anyone else." Peggy leaned into your touch, closing her eyes. You leaned down and kissed her forehead.

When you pulled away, she hugged you tightly, her face pressed into your chest. "You're still going to leave, aren't you?" A hug just as tight as hers was all the response she needed. "I'm sorry, Peggy. I really don't want you to lose me. Losing Steve was enough for you." She nodded into your shirt. "Thank you, Y/N. I love you."

"I know, sis," you whispered into her hair. Her tears were soaking into your shirt, so you hugged her tighter. "I love you too."