REQUEST: More Than Friends (Chris E. x Male)

prompt: -chris evans x male reader fluff : chris and reader's friendship is often mistaken for a romantic relationship, and neither are brave enough to admit they want this to be real. it's after dinner at reader's house when reader finally confesses his feelings for chris. in return, chris kisses reader

Requested by: randomnamenottaken

Edit: it's been like 3-4 months since this was requested. Sorry for that. But here you go! I love this request.

You looked at your friend, dumbfounded. Yes, the question made you so happy to hear, but the fact that people were convinced was crazy. Chris put an arm around your shoulder, already on it. "No, me and Y/N are just friends. He's one of my oldest buddies, that's all. I mean, yeah, I suppose if I had to date a guy, I'd choose him in a heartbeat, but I'm not- I don't swing that way. I don't mind anyone that does, of course- I have a friend that's gay, and she's awesome, but am I? No, not that I know of." He always knew what to say. You loved him for it. Too bad he's straight.

Your House-That Night

You waved goodbye to RDJ, closing your door behind him. Now it was just you and Chris- He always insisted on helping you do the dishes after cast dinners. That was your favorite thing about him; no matter how big or small the mess, he always stayed behind to help you. It was really nice when you had a dinner party for everyone in Infinity War. Who knew Josh Brolin still memorized most of his lines from The Goonies? Chris and you were doing dishes for quite a while.
Tonight wasn't so bad, but the two of you still had a bit of work to do. At first it was peaceful, relaxing even, but you couldn't stop thinking of what he'd said earlier. He'd chose you in a heartbeat. It made you so happy, but also reminded you that he never would feel the same. But none of the others knew you were gay, and you were dying to tell somebody. You knew Chris would support you, so what the hell? You decided to tell him.
"Hey, Chris?" You started, setting a plate in your dishwasher. He looked over from where he was sweeping. (He even sweeps after dinner! He's a fucking god send!) "What's up?" You cleared your throat, suddenly super anxious. "Well- you remember the question from earlier?" The actor nodded, tilting his head. "The one that asked if we were-? Yeah. Why, what about it?"
His eyes met yours cautiously, and you looked away. "I'm.. I'm gay. I haven't told anyone yet. I've been to worried too." Chris smiled and shook his head. "That's fine. I'll support you no matter what," he replied, not meeting your eyes. "Well, there's something else," you continued, trying not to read too much into his actions. "I also... like you. Love you. Whatever. I have feelings for you, Chris."
Your friend looked up quickly, searching your eyes. For what, you didn't know. "You're being serious?" He asked. "Yeah? This isn't the reaction I was expecting... Are you okay?" Anxiously, you searched his face for any signs of sickness. Or anything off. "I'm fine, I just-" he ran his hand through his hair, stepping closer and huffing. "I like- I like you too. But I'm not gay. I'm straight. I think. But if I like you-"
You stopped him, stepping in front of him and putting a hand on his shoulder. "You might be bi, or pan, or maybe I'm the only guy you find attractive. It happens, it's totally natural." Suddenly, you laughed. This was not how you expected this to go. Sure, you figured someone would be comforted, but you didn't think it was going to be Chris. Speaking of him, you felt his hand on your arm. "Can I kiss you?" He blurted, making you blush.
"I- Yeah, yes, of course. Whatever you want," you said, letting your arm drop from his shoulder as he let it go. He held your face in his hands and kissed you, both of you closing your eyes. When he pulled away, you realized his hands were on your shoulders, and yours were on his hips. "What are we gonna tell the others?" You asked him cautiously, scared to kill whatever mood this was. Not spicy... more like.. it was caring. Gentle, loving. You liked it, wanted it to stay like that forever. Chris smiled at you, starting to pull you in again. "We'll get there when we get there." You let your eyes close as he kissed you again. "Sounds like a plan," you murmured. "Yeah. It does."
Nobody had ever kissed you so softly.