You Make Me Safe (Sam X Male)

It's raining at my place, so I figured I'd build off of what I know, yeah? A lot of details are based off of my childhood memories. Like the dog thing, for example. Sorry if it's bad. (no, I'm not. lol)

Thanks for reading loves!

-Cooprin

Sam Wilson (as painted by the media) : fearless, brave, heroic, ect.

Sam Wilson (in reality) : clinging to you tightly... and curled up against your chest

He let out a shaky breath. "Sorry, Y/N. You probably think I'm weak now, but-" You shushed him, cupping his cheek. "Hey, don't think like that, Sam. People get scared by storms all the time. It's not just you. When I was a kid, we had a dog so scared of rain that we had to put shirts on him to calm him down," you said. "Really?"

"Yeah," you laughed, pulling him higher up your body so your faces were level. Sam smiled, but hugged your torso tightly when a loud thunderclap filled the silence. With another laugh, you kissed his forehead. "And you call me Hummingbird. Who's the small one now, huh?" Your boyfriend knocked your head with his playfully. "Still you. Wanna stand up and see?" 

"Anything that will get you up. I'm hungry." The two of you laughed and stood up. Sam had a few inches on you, but he had no problem crouching to be shorter. "To the kitchen!" When you walked in, he jumped. "You see lightning, pretty bird?" He nodded. A soft smile and an opening of your arms, and there he was again, pressed against you. for the first time, you noticed he was shaking. 

Oh wow, he's terrified, you thought as you guided him to the couch and sat him down. He tried to pull you down, but you stood your ground. "I'm gonna make us some food. Stay here. You'll be okay, okay?" Once he nodded, you went to make the promised sustenance. There was a few small thunderclaps, but nothing that made him run. Until the loudest one yet, accompanied by a power cut. 

The hero's footsteps could be heard running to you, then he was hugging your waist from behind, his face pressed against your neck. "Hey hey hey, it's okay, I'm here." You turned around and hugged him tightly, rubbing circles on his back. Nothing seemed to calm him down, so you encouraged him to turn. You got him to sit on the counter. "Don't move," you whispered. "Why-"

His lips were still parted when you pressed your own against them. Sam quickly returned the action, his hands on your chest. Your hands were on either side of his legs. He almost pulled back when more thunder sounded, but you expertly grabbed the back of his neck, not letting him focus on anything but you. When you finally did pull away, he smiled. "I know exactly why you just did that, sir," he said, kissing your cheek. "Good. You feel better now?"

"Much." Sam pulled you forward and into another kiss. "Much safer, too."