You Saved Me (Eddie Brock X ANY)

Prompt: "I couldn't breathe. It was like my chest had a black hole instead of lungs, trying to suck me and everything else in. When I inhaled, it wasn't enough, but when I exhaled, I couldn't get enough out. My arms were shaking and tears were falling, but I wasn't crying. The only thing I could think of was my fear, and you. When I imagined you next to me, telling me to breathe, I felt okay. So thank you.You saved me without even trying."

This is hard to write, yet easy, because it just happened to me.

It was three in the morning, and everyone was asleep. Everyone except you, that is. You hugged yourself as you trembled, taking quick yet large breathes. Breathe in. Not enough air. Breathe out. Why can't I get the air out? No matter how deep of a breath you took, it wasn't enough for you. You felt like there was a pit in your chest, sucking you in.

A voice in your head started to speak, and, despite all your panic, you listened. Y/N, just breathe with me. Deep breath in, okay? We can do it together. You took a deep breath in, and it felt like the first breath of air you'd get when you get out of water. Deep breath out. You release all the air inside of you, and started to calm down. After repeating this a few times, you were calm. 

The voice belonged to your best friend, Eddie Brock. He'd known you since forever, so when the panic attacks started, he was ready with his phone, googling ways to help you. 

The next Morning

A gentle knock on the door pulled you out of bed. When you opened the door, Eddie was standing there, holding a box of donuts. "Hey. You sleep okay? You look like he- okay..." He wrapped his arms around you when your arms squeezed his body. With your face hidden in his shoulder, you spoke. 

"I couldn't breathe. It was like my chest had a black hole instead of lungs, trying to suck me and everything else in. When I inhaled, it wasn't enough, but when I exhaled, I couldn't get enough out. My arms were shaking and tears were falling, but I wasn't crying. The only thing I could think of was my fear, and you. When I imagined you next to me, telling me to breathe, I felt okay. So thank you. You saved me without even trying."

Eddie closed his eyes and hugged you tighter. "I did?"

"Yes."

His lips found the side of your head, giving you a kiss only best friends could give. "I'd do it again, as many time as you need."

"I know."

Neither of you moved until Venom threatened to behead you if he wasn't fed.